Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: plugin idea

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i think a good plugin idea would be a text-2-speech plugin that would say what you type into a box, i know it would probably be hard and i am a demo user but i am planning on buying the full version when i got the $$$ anyways does anyone here think it can be done???

Posted Sun 23 Mar 03 @ 12:46 am
I don't think it's going to happen.

But I'm sure that there are other programs for that... which you could run in the background.

- Jim

Posted Sun 23 Mar 03 @ 1:15 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I would think it would be too difficult for the average home programmer to do and have it sounding like a real person. Your better off just using a mic, or if your voice isn't mic worthy, get someone else to talk. ;)

Grimm

Posted Sun 23 Mar 03 @ 4:26 pm
I don't really see why you'd want that as a plugin, sounds more like a separate application too me since it doesn't really interact with AtomixMP3.

I'm not sure how easy/hard they are to use but Microsoft's Agents (you know, Merlin, Clippit and all those other annoying Help-thingies) use a common text-to-speech engine which I think has been used in a couple of games as well, like Turok for instance. If a talented coder finds the API-documentation for that text-to-speech engine it's probably not that hard.
Oh.. and maybe you can even use the Narrator-tool (available as an Accessability option in Win2K and probably XP as well).

One way of making this kind of a thing interact with Atomix would be to combine it with some sort of a vocoder so that the computer-generated speech is used to control the vocoder-filters which would make the impression of the playing song "says" the text rather than the text-to-speech voice which is probably kinda dull anyway :)
BUT that's not gonna happen because who would have the time to write a vocoder that can accept text-input, transform that through text-to-speech and use that speech as the controller-input for a vocoder? I would guess NO-ONE has the time or patience to do that for free :(

Posted Wed 26 Mar 03 @ 9:21 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
First of all you've got to get a vocoder running :) I've been working on one like that last year for months, without any practical result :S

Posted Wed 26 Mar 03 @ 3:15 pm
I just spent 5 minutes on writing a text-2-speech plug-in and got it finally working.
It's really awesome...

No seriously, I was only joking, and I hope you were too when requesting one.

Moreover, I don't see the practical use for such a plug-in, but who am I to judge ;)

Should you want an application which does the same, allows to export to WAV (you can load them as sample in Atomix thereafter) point your browser to the AnalogX website and look for "SayIt" under the Wave Utilities.

I hope the team won't mind me referring to this software, since it is an a completely different category than AtomixMP3 itself.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Mon 31 Mar 03 @ 9:31 pm
You bad man Corpse!!!! TUT TUT!!

Posted Tue 01 Apr 03 @ 12:14 am
DJ RAPHome userMember since 2003
I KNOW IM ONLY A DEMO GUY.. BUT LISTEN YA ALL GOT TO MAKE A BEAT REMOVER PLUGIN... THAT WOULD BE THE MOST USEFULL PLUGIN EVER!!!!!!

Posted Tue 29 Apr 03 @ 3:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)