Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need external usb soundcard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
my laptop doesn't have a good sound card. not enough outputs to use left and right with vdj. any recomendations for one?

Posted Sat 07 Feb 04 @ 7:37 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Gigaport!

from

www.prosoundcards.com

Posted Sat 07 Feb 04 @ 11:10 pm
rebelUKHome userMember since 2003
Well im using a sound blaster mp3+ , and its an external usb soundcard, its has optical in and out, line in and out, headphone socket, mic in socket and it was about 40 quid but u can pick them up cheaper

Posted Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 1:35 pm

Posted Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 1:38 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Will it allow me to have two outputs so I can do a left and right output/input into a dj mixer?

Posted Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 3:44 pm
Not sure ive never tried it.

Posted Tue 10 Feb 04 @ 1:08 pm

Posted Tue 10 Feb 04 @ 3:24 pm
I'm glad someone has bought up the issue of soundcards... i'm baffled by it all!! I used Ejay DJ Mixstation before i purchased Ejay Mixstation 2... but i still don't understand if i can get a soundcard and mix with headphones etc, i know i need certain channels etc i'm finding it difficult to use MS2 they way i used MS1 as i relyed on the beatmatching so much but MS2 seems alot more trickier!! Any help would be appriciated :)

Posted Tue 10 Feb 04 @ 7:13 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No, mixstation 2 does not allow for dual output. You have to have the full version of VirtualDJ to be able to monitor 1 song, while playing another.

Posted Tue 10 Feb 04 @ 8:18 pm
your best bet is the extigy.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 9:14 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
ok Sb live guys listen up, would you gig with a home cd player? I hope you answered no. Then my question to you is why use a home sound card? (unless you are a bedroom dj) Truth of the matter is yes they cost more but the sound is so much better. We all know you get what you pay for and its true with sound cards.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 04 @ 9:44 pm
I have both Gigaport and M-Audio Quattro.
Definitely, M-Audio Quattro is better.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 04 @ 3:17 pm
I'm using the Hercules Muse Pocket, it looks good, sound Good, and not really expensive.

Posted Tue 17 Feb 04 @ 3:22 pm
Hi,

I'm looking for a new soundcard but I REALLY don't know what soundcard I should buy. The soundcard I'm looking for should have a good audio quality but shouldn't cost too much (+- 250 is my limit).
I'm really confused with all those soundcards (audigy, hercules, sound blaster, terratec, ...).
Can someone suggest me a good soundcard?

And if you are going to use an XP-10, do you still need a soundcard??

GnoedeL

Posted Thu 15 Apr 04 @ 9:21 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
if you are using xp10s you do not need another soundcard. as for soundcards anything with 4.1 surround or greater that supports WMD drivers. this could be from a SB Live to a pro soundcard

Posted Fri 16 Apr 04 @ 12:47 am
get the MAYA FX from AUDIOTRAK it's USB it's the best one all the orders don't buy them this usb sound card you can use it for any sound out put it' 5.1 I got two of them they are only $100.00 I used it with my laptop.

Posted Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 8:54 pm
I most say this is looking go to me for $89 the Audiotrak Maya EX5 USB Sound Card may be the way to go.

http://floridamusicco.com/maya51.htm

I have the Gigaport AG and the sound is great it sales for $149.00

http://floridamusicco.com/gigaportag.htm

If you have a FireWire input I would go with the M-Audio FireWire Audiophile soundcard for a little more money the card is great , but if not I would go with the Maya EX5 USB Sound Card.

I hope we helped you out.

Posted Sun 18 Apr 04 @ 12:25 am
Thx guys!!!

GnoedeL

Posted Sun 18 Apr 04 @ 7:25 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Mon 19 Apr 04 @ 2:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)