Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Everyone needs to listen to Juksey's mix, its awesome - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Really awesome mix !! I was blown away and dont impress to easily since ive been doing this since 96. Not only was the mixing top notch, but it was so fresh and creative. I honestly was expecting some run of the mill "ibiza greatest hits from last" house mix" but you really droped something totally new

much respect. And to anyone who says you cant use atomix for professional results i say just check your mix out. I mean to be able to make a mix like that on real turntables you would need to use a good deal of studio tricks and overdubs etc, but atomix makes it so fast to load and sync and loop tracks to be able to create something like you did.

Im listening to it as i type this still and it just gets better the more i listen

keep the new stuff coming

-jeff mills
Liquid Sound Distortion

Posted Fri 14 Feb 03 @ 10:00 pm
Yeah, the mixing is very good... Several parts of the mix were perfectly done.
No disrespect... BUT sometimes it was a little bit too much.. Too many songs squeesed into two channels.
But you know... everyone has there own taste.

- Jim Nordic

(let the lynching begin)

Posted Sat 15 Feb 03 @ 12:37 am
Hi,
I have to admit that this mix is technically a masterpiece.
I also agree on the "too much" comment.
Now let me tell you why I will not listen to it again:
1) I like music not technique and this mix is so full of songs that it barely gives you the time to enjoy a song you like
2) Will people dance when listening to that ... any DJ knows that people need to "stabilize" to dance, if the tune changes every minute it's hard.

Overall I want to congratulate Jukes since some of the mixing ideas he had in this mix are great ... I wish I could be as good. But if the purpose is the dancefloor, I cant' dance on that.
My two cents on this ...

Posted Sun 16 Feb 03 @ 10:19 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thankyou you all for such positive feedback. Im glad some of you enjoyed the style. You see, im trying to pioneer this new kind of eclectic mixing. Yes, Lavoisier is right the music might not be that conventional to dance to. The idea however is for a CD to listen to or a mixing style for over the airwaves or in bars. Something that when people here it, it just blows them away because of the musical ideas involved in it. For example, dropping Guns and roses over fischerspooner. This is intended to give the listener that kind of buzz that says "no way hes never going to drop that" and then I don't drop it I drop something else. You will see that the tunes follw each other, musicaly. It was also the intention as Jim Nordic expressed, sometimes to just build up the noise of three or four tunes and to have a kind of mess of tunes all following eachother and then to suddenly drop into something. Its kind of trick I use to create a false build up to a drop.
Many thanks to everyone who listened to this mix and I would be most grateful if you could pass on the link or tell people about this mix, as Im trying to kick this music style, and mp3 mixing off in a big way here in England at the moment.
Thanks again for all the feedback. LOL
Jukesy

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 2:27 pm
Sounds interesting, I seem to have missed out on the link though..
Where is it? I want it! :)

Pretty much ALL of the mixes I got from Atomix-users when AG was still alive and kicking was AWESOME!
I still get the urge to line up a bunch of DJ Manuel Fuentes-mixes in my playlist.. don't remember his nick here on the chat but he kicks ass as well! :)

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 2:43 pm
www.djhomeboy.com

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 4:10 pm
Jukesy:
Man, in spite of my comments that might sound a bit negative, I like it. I tried to give constructive feedback and I'm glad you took it this way. Congrats again.

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 4:52 pm
I think if you listen to jukseys mix and try to judge it on if it would work in a club setting, much less impress a club crowd your going about it wrong. To me, his mix is so exciting cuz its showing what you can do with the software. Now the material used is a hangup, ill admit im not even a huge fan of alot of the tracks, but the idea itself and the techniqu is great. Now think about if you applied that crazy rapid mix and loop style with some good minimal type tracks. You'd be more of a musican than a dj !! To my thats why i love atomix, i like to dj, but its just playing music other people created really, Im always trying to take dj'ing to more of a creation and interaction with the music, swapping basslines, mixing parts and fills on the fly, using the fx. I want to take two well know tracks and when im mixing them, i dont want people to be able to know either track, i want it to be as if its a new track that no one has heard of before. Thats kinda what jukseys doing, but he had such identifiable elements, but apply that to more "techno" music and you got the idea

Posted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 9:23 am
Just a quick one. Did anyone here the two bonus tracks at the end of the mix. There is about 20 seconds of silence and then a complete reworking of Dirty Dianna, then a reworking of felix da housecat. Thanks
Steve Jukes

Posted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 3:36 pm
Jukesy, do you know Discobar Galaxie? I've read that you're a fan of Soulwax so I was wondering if you knew Discobar Galaxie.
They have the same style as you but they mix a bit different. If you don't know them, you should check them out!!!!
You can find a link to their radio show on http://www.stubru.be

GnoedeL

Posted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 5:35 pm
Thanks,
No I hadnt heard of them before. Ill certainly check them out. Ill let you know what I think.
Jukesy

Posted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 7:36 pm
Im having trouble tracking down their CD. I think its called In your Space. Can you tell me where I could get hold of this. I live in England

Posted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 8:04 pm
I don't know where to get it. Next time I visit a recordshop I will look for it!!!!
They are becoming very famous in Belgium but the problem is that you don't find much of them on the internet.
You can listen to their livestream on Studio Brussel.
I will let you know if I find something

GnoedeL

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 3:03 pm
Just to get off topic for a second:

"i like to dj, but its just playing music other people created really"

I 200% agree with that. That's one thing I hate about DJ's ... they seem to take credit as if they actually produced the music. Anyways .. back to the original topic:

All I can say is the mix is really different !!!!! Its great !!! It's not your typical 140 BPM ... fade in - fade out megamix. I totally give it a thumbs up. I could tell it wasn't 100% atomix ;-)

I really really liked that last bonus track ... wasn't a sample taken from "Ailiah - Try Again" ?

Bravo.

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 6:48 pm
BTW: WHAT WAS THE REMIX OF 'SILVER SCREEN' !!!!! I NEED TO KNOW !!!!

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 7:08 pm
Well spotted Trip.
Yes you are right, Try again was used but, not sampled. I used fruityloops to rework this mix. The aliaya Try again song comes written with fruityloops version 3.4 as one of the sample songs to show what can be done. (as does a really good copy of The orb - Little fluffy Clouds). I took this little segment and using the same synth and effects created the running melody. Then wrote some beats. I chopped up silver screen shower scene, using a wave editing program.
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 7:53 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Just curious what wave editing program you use ?

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 8:10 pm
Acid wave at the time. But ive found a better ones. The one that comes with roxio's Easy Cd Creator. Also the one with Nero is good. They are all only really any good for chopping up wave files and saving them as smaller samples. They are no good for adding effects.
Jukesy

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 8:54 pm
I love that last remix. WELL DONE !!!! I love the backbeat !!! Used Fruitty loops eh ? U think you can post that remix ALONE on Homeboy's site ? That would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 12:47 am
I sent DJ Homeboy that remix plus a couple others. I think there going to go on the site soon. Ill keep you posted.
Jukesy

Posted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 12:59 am
50%