Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: atomix isnt ment for poffessional use. - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GOD187Home userMember since 2003
I will say I knew nothing about song mixing when i started...I've spent the past month working on Atomixmp3, I won'tt say I can do anything sensational, but its what i use to DJ the high school dances round here, its great for us beginners lol, and I'm very interested in getting the pro version if I can spare the cash anytime soon, I do know of 2 pro djs who have switched to Atomix pro after I showed them what just the demo could do, and they love it.

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 4:00 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Salva:

Take every mp3 you have and play it in its entiriety and you will have no probloems. Leave it on overnight on Automix. Once the mp3 is played once completely autogain works perfectly.

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 6:32 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Don't make a quote from me out of context. What I intended to say is that I wouldn't leave it to play on autoplay for hours at a time. Of course I can go to the bathroom, (that's a lot easier with Atomixmp3 than it was with CD's.) I know what you are trying to accomplish is hours of music at a time with no DJ. I'll remind you, Atomixmp3 is a software that has been developed by DJ's for DJ's. I think your problem has to do with MP3's being recorded at different volume levels. This may often be caused by the fact that CD's are recorded at different levels. When I was spinning CD's, or even back in my Vinyl days, some songs were mastered at a higher level than others. Back then I had to be aware of which songs this was a problem with and make the needed adjustments. With Atomixmp3, the software has to be aware of which track this is a problem with. Once it has played the song through once, it will make the adjustment for you. Sure, this isn't perhaps the very best possible solution to your issues, but it's better than if you were using a multi disc CD changer.

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 5:47 pm
Hello,

Active Voluntary Teamer, don't think that i think Atomixmp3 is bad, it's better than the cd-changer right.
The only thing that really bugs me is that atomixmp3 is the closeds thing that's looks like the Pro Systems i rent for my small company's, if i atomixmp3 would change the autogain and the autofade i could stop renting these systems that would save me 350€ a month!!.
And to say that atomixmp3 is made by Dj's for the Dj's is a little bit stupid, i think that atomix could be cool to for people at home for small party's and for small and big company's let be real the more atomixmp3 is saled the better for us, because than the producers would have money to devellope there own controllers like Bpm etc.
I hope you understand me this time, and guy's i am a user for 2,5 years now (live mixing in my company's) and i tryed everything to let the software work right for me, i used the software GAIN, i used the option of atomixmp3 to scan all the files (But then when the difference in a song is to big you have the change that the gain would raise to much and that will resolve in a dissorded sound).
On the forum i see that people complaine about the sound quality of atomixmp3 a Processor like Audiostocker would solve two problems at once just make a option for people to able or disable a processor and a everybody is happy.
For the auto fade i reccomend the option: "START AUTOMATIC CROSSFADE WITH: ??? SECONDS LEFT IN THE CURRENT SONG PLAYING" Bang second problem solved!.

As Active Voluntary Teamer you sould come up with this thing and make the software the best in the world for every one!.

i really hope to get a serious answer on this one.

Posted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 9:01 am
Im planning to buy an Audigy 2 Soundcard... but I read atomix have a "skipping" problem... what that means? Im getting nervous because that comment... Can you explain me what that error means?

Posted Fri 18 Apr 03 @ 10:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)