Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Latency with DJ Console?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djvybeHome userMember since 2004
I'm debating on whether to get the DJ Console, and my main concern is the latency from when I press the play button the console to when the song actually starts playing. My current CDJ players have very low latency; is the DJ console comparable to CDJ players or is the latency much longer?

I also read that ASIO drivers can improve the latency; does that apply to what I'm talking about?

Posted Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 10:16 pm
twe69Home userMember since 2004
i can't give you exact figures, but comparing it to say a normal cd player/hifi that has been paused and then played, the play time is either the same or slightly better for me....

although sometimes when i press the play button at a little angle it does not get pressed all the way - and so does not register. So then I have to press it a 2nd or 3rd time... something that they should have thought about a little more since when you are mixing you don't want to think about how to press a button at the right angle.. i.e. straight down.

Posted Sun 01 Feb 04 @ 12:47 pm
the latency is minimal, hardly noticable.
my best guess: latency of the Hercules console keys=10-20 ms.
and YES, ASIO does improve latency AND audio-quality.
Support-team have promised me that ASIO will be supported in future versions of VDJ.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 04 @ 11:33 am
The asio drivers only change the latency of the sound Card (Hercules Console). It has nothing to do with the buttons. The only thing that it changes is the time needed between the signal the card receives and the signal it sends. Changing the drivers on asio won't change a thing (about the buttons that is). The response after pushing a button is quick so no problem. Sorry for my english by the way ;)

Posted Wed 04 Feb 04 @ 6:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)