Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New drivers from Hercules have been released

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hercules has finally released a drivers update for the Console. Check www.hercules.com to download it.

I would be interested to hear what new features/fixes come with the new drivers. I cannot check it myself because I have returned mine beacuse teh Console seemed not "ready" yet, but still watching how the situation develops.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 8:40 pm
I downloaded the .exe file from the Hercules web site drivers section. It asks you to unistall the old driver first. It will not uninstall. Or it says you may install the driver and it will remove the old one first. All it does is keep uninstalling the old one without any sucess. So therefore I cannot load the new one.

Anyone else got this problem? Im going to write a little note to Hercules in a minute asking them if they know.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 1:03 am
Well I cant uninstall the old drivers or the new ones. XP thinks the drivers have gone and DJ console thinks they are still there. Cant install cant remove. What do I do now. Well Ive asked Hercules, so I suppose I just wait for their reply.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 1:59 am
When you uninstall, be sure you reboot your computer before re-install.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 2:14 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
freedumb:
Thank you for this news :)

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 9:14 am
i did reboot. Im not stupid.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 11:06 am
tigermoff, I never say you are stupid, I just want to help you, sorry

Coyote

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 10:29 pm
Hi everybody,

For me this driver works well, i only experienced one problem windows say me during install that an error occur, but i'm running vdj with hdjc without any problems.
About versions:
1.0.7.0 build 27
firmware 30
Driver c030
I'm testing if something changes about the jogwheels because i had problems before.

Florian

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 10:52 pm
sorry i didnt meen to sound so blunt. Im just a little anoyed at the mo.

Posted Fri 30 Jan 04 @ 10:13 am
it's nice to have new drivers finaly,

but what are the improvements ??

i have have seen some cosmetic changes, but further nothing better.

B

Posted Fri 30 Jan 04 @ 2:47 pm
twe69Home userMember since 2004
well can't try these cos nearly 2 weeks ago i posted my dj console back to hercules - cos it went faulty within 1 day of purchasing it! Both my jog wheels were dodgy and the headphones volume kept crackling when i turned the volume up or down - hopefully they sort the problems out... Also will make them pay for postage [they already said yes to it but will sejust incase they don't].

Posted Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 6:44 pm
They got rid of the crossfader issue. I can tell you that. Now it fades ALL the way to the right.

Posted Sun 01 Feb 04 @ 4:07 pm
hey vantinedj

don't make me happy with a sick CHIcken

I have updaten the drivers a soon as the arrived on this planet. I complety uninstalled the previous, reinstall using setup.. etc..

but sorry to say, i still have this cross right thing problem...

personally i think it's the VDJ software,

if i am right, i hope that someone ( can we have contact with these nice developers ?) can have a look at it. must not be a biggy problem to tackle

see ya .

Posted Tue 03 Feb 04 @ 1:58 am
twe69Home userMember since 2004
well i have never had that cross fader problem that you are talking about - when i had my dj console and the software that it came with.... [i.e. without any updates]

Posted Tue 03 Feb 04 @ 7:01 pm
It seems that at least they have not fixed the problem that causes DJ Console Mapper (or Mixer or whatever... anyway the green alien in the task bar :-) take quite much resources (about 5 to 10%) every two seconds or so when the DJ Console is not connected. I guess this is quite minor issue, but I do not like to keep my console connected all the time (I have better sound card for music production etc.) Of course I can always exit the resource-taking software but I guess I'm too lazy to do that all the time.

Anyway, just complaining about the minor issues since finally it seems that the big ones have been corrected in my console... Three months after buying I can probably start using it now :-)

Posted Thu 12 Feb 04 @ 12:24 am
Djunreal, you can correct the last-mentioned issue.
click on the START button>run/execute:

MSCONFIG

a new windows shows up. select the last tab (startup) and deselect the program which activates the little green alien.

it won't show up next time you reboot your pc. and in case you need it, you can activate it manually.

cheers

Posted Fri 13 Feb 04 @ 9:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)