Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Plug Console to Hub or PC?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone

I have a Question to the other users. I noticed when plugging my Console to a external powered Usb Hub (as recommended) this doesnt work too god. When I plug it like this the Mic Peak Button keeps always shining (which is no problem) but sometimes it flickers and then you can hear a hum and a sizzle. So I plugged it directly to my PC. The only thing I dislike now is that every time u start your PC the Console behaves as freshly plugged (all top lights blinking). Recommendations? Experiences?

Thx

Posted Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 11:37 pm
it's a pitty that it's not working too god (LOL).
I've tried to connect the console thru an external-powered hub--> works the same for me, making no difference at all.

but still i think it's better to connect it directly to the root USB-port as it needs all bandwith it can get.

Posted Tue 27 Jan 04 @ 8:45 am
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm using a D-Link DUB-H4 USB 2.0 hub and experienced no problems with it yet.
Also havent noticed that constantly flashing LED you mentioned above, though my Console found its way back to Hercules so i cant check that right now.
Dont know if latency is influenced by the hub. It appears only logical to me if you put something between the console and the computers usb connectors it should give extra latency.
Actually havent tried to run the Console directly connected to the PC. Will give this a shot when i get it back from Hercules.
Hopefully fixed and with new firmware :)

For anyone who is interested in my hub ...
http://www.dlink.com/products/?model=DUB-H4#

Posted Tue 27 Jan 04 @ 10:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)