Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Using Visualisations on different Monitors

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know of a plugin which will let me run visualisations on a monitor or video card other than the one Im playing my tracks on

Any Help will be appreciated

Posted Wed 13 Nov 02 @ 6:34 pm
Winamp AVS has a (formerly experimental) "Overlay-mode" when running it in a window or fullscreen which basically sends your AVS-goodness to a monitor specified in you displaydriver configuration.
If you have ever managed to get Media Player to maximize the movie you watch to the TV-out even though the MediaPlayer-window isn't fullscreen on your monitor you're on the right track.. and with a recent ATI- or nVidia-card this isn't that hard (from what I've experienced, the geForce-solution seems a bit easier to control)

So basically any vis'plugin or application that can use "overlay video mirroring" as I think it's called and a graphicscard that supports that same functionality you can do this...

Posted Tue 03 Dec 02 @ 12:06 pm
Can you do that on a laptop with a built in video card or do you need a external video card to have it work on a latop? Is Winamp better than Soique or the other way around? I tried Winamp and It seems to be running slow or not at all.

Thank for the help.
DJ E-Double.

Posted Sun 22 Dec 02 @ 4:58 am
Not sure that there are any laptops with dual monitor support... usually they just come with a VGA-monitor connector and that one either mirrors the current desktop or takes over as primary monitor when the TFT/LCD is deactivated... I would guess the answer is no but I'm not sure..

With my new PC I can achieve this kind of thing with integrated video alone(motherboard has both VGA and S-video out and it is geForce-based :)

Posted Mon 10 Feb 03 @ 4:04 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If the second display is a monitor, your videocard has to have duel heads. (Haven't seen any laptops that come with those). If the second display has s-video in, then that's easier because a lot of laptops now come with s-video out. Now there is a Winamp 2.8 plugin called Milkdrop @ www.geisswerks.com that supports duel screens. It even lets you control visulizations on one screen and display them on another. Worked great for me...

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 9:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)