Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CROSS-FADER?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

henroooHome userMember since 2004
Just got the Dj console and have noticed that the crossfader on the actual device doesn't control the the music properly.

It doesn't move incrementally. When the cross fader is moved it quickly jumps to the center or the opposite end of the fader (in Virtual Dj).

I don't know whether this is due to the demo version of the software that came w/ the Dj console or whether its a hardware issue.

It also can't switch fully to the 1st deck. It only stays at the central cross fade position when the cross fader(on the Dj console device) is slide fully to deck 1(left, 1st deck).

[this ain't a good start].

Posted Wed 21 Jan 04 @ 2:49 am
Sounds like your console is faulty. I had no problems in demoversion or fullversion (no difference). Try reinstalling your drivers, otherwise contact Hercules to have your console repaired/replaced.

Posted Wed 21 Jan 04 @ 8:15 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
henrooo:

"It doesn't move incrementally. When the cross fader is moved it quickly jumps to the center or the opposite end of the fader (in Virtual Dj)."
Make sure you don't have "automix" on.

"I don't know whether this is due to the demo version of the software that came w/ the Dj console or whether its a hardware issue."
There is no demo version with the DJC. It is a full operational version tailored for the console. You don't have any time limitation and so on.
Look here for more details:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

"It also can't switch fully to the 1st deck. It only stays at the central cross fade position when the cross fader(on the Dj console device) is slide fully to deck 1(left, 1st deck)."
Once again, make sure you don't have "automix" on. If not, it may be an hardware problem :(

Good Mix.

Posted Wed 21 Jan 04 @ 8:59 am
henroooHome userMember since 2004
Thanks folks,

problem solved. Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and software. This seem to solve the problem. nevertheless, can't play any wma's or cd's on the system.
?

Thanks for the advice

Posted Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 4:40 am
Where does it go wrong? for me it wasn't that hard to find out how to play cd-tracks. Just select your cdrom-drive and drag a track to your turntable. hit the play button and... there you go :-]

Posted Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 7:57 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
be sure that you have the latest windows media player installed.
Also make sure all of your auto start functions are disabled for the CD-rom.

Posted Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 5:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)