Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Better Pitch controls? PLEASE!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I love atomix, but the one thing that bugs me is that when you play a song at a different pitch (slower or faster) it sounds clunky and skips beats/ plays half-bass beats... this mean i have to keep resetting the pitch at each new tune. This basically limits me to setting the order of songs so that the songs are of similar BMPs (quite close to each other) and mix quite swiftly out of one tune to the next.

Ive got a tiny little program called 'DJ System 25', that can adjust pitch perfectly, and songs sound excellent at +4 pitch or whatever.

Is there any way you can splice the software from that into the next atomix???

PLEASE!

Posted Fri 18 Oct 02 @ 3:45 am
Where did you find this program? Could you give me a link so that I may find it?

Thanks
- Jim

Posted Fri 18 Oct 02 @ 5:44 pm
Bpm studios pitch is phenomenal. No beat skips, or any trouble with pitch sound, once so ever. But thats about all i like about it. Is there anyway guys can imitate this

Posted Sat 19 Oct 02 @ 8:04 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you hear beats skipping every so often, you more then likely have Time Stretch Enabled in the Options menu. Turn it off and it will sound more like a normal record does, pitch goes higher/faster when you pitch up, and slower/lower when you pitch down.

Grimm

Posted Sun 20 Oct 02 @ 7:12 am
There's a hissing sound in the pitch when time stretch is disabled ...
it's there since v1.12 :(

Posted Sun 20 Oct 02 @ 12:24 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use time stretch, and pitch +/- 8%. I've never had any of the problems mentioned here even with V 1.12. The sound is every bit as good when adjusted up or down 8% as it is when it's at 100%. I guess I'm just very lucky.

Posted Sun 20 Oct 02 @ 5:56 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Time stretch doesn't work the same way as pitch changes, so it doesn't affect the audio the same way.

Think of it this way. 1 sec + 1 sec = 2 secs

Now I change the pitch with time stretch enabled to a faster pitch. You get this.

1 sec + 1 sec = 1.8 secs.

Part of the end of the first second, is overlayed over the beginning of the 2nd second. The pitch is unchanged and hence, you dont hear the background noise most of us do when we have Time stretch disabled. (Its more complicated then that, but you get the picture.)

And with certain music, Time Stretching also cause the "lost beats", or "missed beats" problem that some get. Some beats seem to be muffled, or completely disappear. I'm not sure why you haven't experienced it, but I guess your lucky.

Grimm

Posted Sun 20 Oct 02 @ 10:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)