Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bug found in 1.08 audio-hickups/clicks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Dear Support,

Please read this note carefully:

After many hours of tuning, configuring and testing, I might have found the bug what is causing audio-output-hickups/clicks/ticks.

I have tested the FULL version 1.08 on several differend systems, including p3, p4, AMD-XP and P4-laptop.
All of the systems have 256MB or more. On each system i have tested 2 differend audio-cards:
1.Hercules console in DJ-mode
2.Delta 410 (professional 6 channel soundcard)
The bug is the same on all systems (which are perfectly tuned to the max).

I think i have isolated the issue:
when loading a song, vdj fills it's buffer. while the other deck is playing-> the sound has hickups, cracks and clicks.

above issue is caused by the following: when using the jogdial to search the first beat, the hickups occure (on both decks)when the jogdial moves back/forward at the first 2 secconds of a song.

i have tested this with many differend songs-> the bug is allways there. no matter length or format(mp3/wma).

I ensure you, i have been computertechnician for 12 years, i know all about tuning systems. This is a serious bug which makes VDJ unusable in front of a live-audience at clubs.

Since i bought VDJ, i would like to get a bug fix a.s.a.p.

also: i would like to be beta-tester if you need one

kind regards,

Cannonball

Posted Sun 18 Jan 04 @ 3:17 pm
Yes, I agree here. This did not happen before 1.07b. And got worse in 1.08. Only when one track ends and it reloads. I mentioned this about a month ago. A fix would be very helpful. I got in the habbit of hitting the cue botton when I mix on the song that is ending so it doesn't happen. I have a toshiba 2.66 with over a gig of ram. Thanks..

Posted Mon 19 Jan 04 @ 7:41 am
ah.. thanx for the work around vantinedj.

i keep saying that audio-output-quality should be Top-priority for a package like VDJ. All fancy features should be placed at a lower priority (i DO care about effects etc, but i SURE would like decent audio-output). The same message goes to the developpers of VDJ: Audio-quality comes first!

Posted Mon 19 Jan 04 @ 10:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)