Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Novice DJ here

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've used AtomixMP3 for a while now, and all I know how to do is to speed up and slow down the pitches. I use effects, but it doesn't mix well. I need help! If you could help me by emailing me or IMing me at Visser001@hotmail.com, I would really appreciate it. My first DJed CD was a total bust!

DJ Visser

Posted Fri 08 Mar 02 @ 3:26 am
u realy need to use a set of decks, once you use decks you will understand how to fully use atomix.

Posted Fri 08 Mar 02 @ 5:15 am
Sparky, my first instinct was to so you didn't need to, 'cause theoretically it's just about the music, and you need to get used to the sound, the beats etc..... BUT, then I realized that's the way I learned. I played on some decks (and did terrible), then found atomix (and learned ALOT about blending), then I got back on the decks and learned the rest.

-Saint James

Posted Fri 08 Mar 02 @ 10:30 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I have never used decks but my mixes with Atomix are becoming good. I suggest you practise more before making a cd. Get comfortable, don't worry so much about what its gonna sound like. Wait till the new version comes out too. I feel like a totally new person. The new 2.1 is amazing.

PS I have added you to my msn list, hope to catch you on sometime

DJ Homeboy

Posted Thu 14 Mar 02 @ 7:58 pm
I think it's the opposite .... use Atomix and then hit the decks. I first used atomix .... it taught me the basics of BPM matching and setting up cue points etc. And when you use it enough ... you pick up an ear for music .... then when you hit the decks when there is no auto-gain/beatmatching etc, your set !

Posted Fri 15 Mar 02 @ 12:06 am
Definitely keep recording your mixes, don't ever stop that...simply because it gives you a chance to evaluate your performance. That's something you can't effectively do while mixing. Keep burning those CD's and listen to yourself, figure out what you did wrong and what's sounds great.

Posted Fri 15 Mar 02 @ 5:15 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Never thought of that, good Idea !

Posted Fri 15 Mar 02 @ 9:37 pm
Trial and Error ... Trial and Error ... Trial and Error

Posted Wed 20 Mar 02 @ 1:49 am
Thanks for your help. The thing is, I don't know how to start my mixes. If anyone has time, could you MSN IM me at Visser001@hotmail.com. Thanx.

VisserOne

Posted Sat 30 Mar 02 @ 4:07 pm
Can anyone tell me about a website where I can buy some, if not all, of the hardware, as shown in this page: http://atomixmp3.online.fr/config/.
I'm more interested in the Y splitter (to connect my home speakers,) headphones and the mixer.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Johnny.

Posted Mon 26 Aug 02 @ 7:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)