Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Extreme surprise re: support and moderation

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kitschHome userMember since 2004
Several things:

1) Having just bought my Hercules DJ Console, I can vouch for the print on the side of the box reading "Virtual DJ - Full Professional DJ Software". Not only is this misleading, but if as the moderators say, it was translated into English, this is not our problem - before distributing in any country, it's the manufacturer's responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the packaging and marketing info.

2) To the moderators who say "What're you complaining for, you got a good bit of hardware" - would you buy a car without an engine? The console is an audio device and controller, but the software is the engine - I'm 100% sure most people wouldn't have bought it had the software been left out.

3) I'm not seriously expecting Atomix or Hercules to give out free, full copies of the software, but at the very least it would be reasonable to expect software updates at the same time as users who bought the software standalone (in particular, we've not got 1.08 yet).

4) I'm shocked and appalled at how the moderators talk to the users here! Whether or not you're employees of Atomix (and I don't know if you are or not), you're nevertheless representatives of the company - anyone in a support position in a regular company would be fired for slagging off and being so rude to customers. We've taken the time and courtesy to put our arguments forward in a clear and polite (if slightly irritated) way, and in return people are condescended to and insulted. The very least you could do is to be polite, EVEN IF WE ARE NOT - YOU REPRESENT ATOMIX.

Thank you. I hope you actually read and consider this - it's not intended to be a rant.

Posted Thu 15 Jan 04 @ 1:53 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
kitsch,

Please understand that we too can become "annoyed" with frequent questions of the same topic. We try to provide the best support we can but as you know yourself it can become a bit tedious. I am sorry to hear that you do not feel as though you were taken care of.

To all DJ Console users:

Virtual DJ and all other softwares that come with the controller are trial or limited. VDJ is by far the best and fullest software that was implimented into the bundle. There is no pop ups or other obstacles that would prevent it from being used professionally. If you would like to get more from VDJ you can choose to purchase the software. We do not force you to buy it at all. Although you would get all the benefits this wonderfull software has to offer.

I hope this helps you and all other DJ Console users.

Take care,

DJ Homeboy

Posted Thu 15 Jan 04 @ 4:35 am
kitschHome userMember since 2004
Thanks for your (admirably restrained) response - that's what I'm talking about :-)
My point was not that you aren't entitled to get annoyed, just that as representatives of Atomix, you should probably take a moment to calm down before firing off replies.

I'm a moderator on sevaral boards and know the feeling of being asked the same question 300 times, but posters in forums usually see the moderators as setting an example for everyone else, so I usually take a deep breath and count to 10 before replying.

With regards to the software, you may be missing the point - we're not complaining that the software we got is a load of crap, just that it's less than we were led to believe by Hercules' packaging and marketing. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in saying that I'd have still bought the unit if I'd known it was a modified version. It's the misleading packaging that is the irritation, not the quality of the software (which is by far the best in the bundle, and definitely one of the better DJ software packages out there).

The only feature that would be *really* useful as an extra would be ID3 support in the file list - it's a pain not having genre listings. Also, DirectX effect plugin support would be great, too.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 04 @ 1:23 am
Purchasing the software would allow for more plugins including a user developed ID3 plugin.

Posted Fri 16 Jan 04 @ 2:48 am
SinnerHome userMember since 2003
Just a comment of a german User (sorry for the bad English):

First of all: the Guy who is supporting the german part of this Forum wasnt seen since November... if its stinking on your toilet, i would bother about him...

Second: it wasnt a translation Problem... in German there is also written, that "PROFESSIONAL" Software is included. On my Question to the Atomix-Support, why i cant have two outgoing Parts on the Soundhardware (this is also possible in NEW-DJ packaged with the console) you told me, that would be a professional feature, i have to buy the full Version - dingeling- do u smell something???

So come on, perhaps it isnt the fault of atomix, but THIS is the Forum we are talking about the Console (and that, why Hercules does not have a Forum for it)... YOU should talk to Hercules.

It is FALSE, if u say, we can use the Console and VirtualDJ, as it is packaged, PROFESSIONALLY. I just want to use the Sound and the Features, but not the Mixing-Skills like the Crossfader, as a Professional i have my own Mixer...

It is also FALSE, that VirtualDJ is the most professional Software packaged with the Console. NEW-DJ does not have as many Features, but it has the most important things: two several Outputs and a good way to change the Songs. You shouldnt lie to the Owners of a Hardware, we KNOW whats going on here. Hercules did bad Work and Atomix thinks, we are Cows with unlimited Milk to get.

And to the Part, that u are annoyed about talking again and again about the same... well, solve the Problem and stay professional... at the Moment u are not more like a crying little Girl: "BUT BUT BUT..."... It would be a Joke, if I wouldnt have payed too much for that Laugh...

Posted Sun 18 Jan 04 @ 12:41 am
Let me tell all of the support team . Your plugins do not work. So dont even try to tell us that they do. Your mp3 tag plugin does not work correctly . I for one see you are trying to cover up a massive screw up . Hercules has commited the ultimate sin they stretched the truth and left you in a massive cover up just before you release your own worthless product. If you start selling a decent product we will stop complaining . Sooner or later you will be accountable for worthless products. New laws will be introduced to keep companys from selling products that dont work . So maybe we should start a lawsuit against you and Hercules for false advertizing. So lets get upset now and keep covering up . Or start dealing with the problem.

Posted Sun 18 Jan 04 @ 9:37 am
Once again sir,

We only supply the software to them. We do not make the controllers or have any part in how they perform. Please contact their technical support or complain to some of the other software developers that have bundled there software.

Posted Sun 18 Jan 04 @ 10:49 am
That is exactly the answer we are complaining about. I bet it will be the same answer you will give with VDJ PRO. Its alwas someone elses problem.The fact is your software was advertized as a complete professional version. None of the other software was. So now comes the truth and it's going to hurt.Either support this screwup or suffer the scrutinizing . You are just as responsible as Hercules for this. You let them advertise your product as a full professional version. It doen't matter who is responsible your stuck with the bad publicity.Hercules is not going to make the controller much longer . Its a total failure and you still have to sell sortware .

Posted Sun 18 Jan 04 @ 8:09 pm
KayleHome userMember since 2003
Poor guy... Get a life!

Posted Sun 18 Jan 04 @ 8:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)