Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: kernel32.dll error followed by atomixmp3.exe error

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I wiped my c drive clean and now, after installing all my programs again, everytime I start Atomixmp3, I immediately get a kernel32.dll error followed by atomixmp3.exe error- both saying the usual "try restarting your computer".
DOn't understand why this is is happening all of the sudden- I wipe my drive clean at least once every other month and have never had this problem before. There are no conflicts noted in Device Manager... Anyone seen this? Got a gig in a few days and I'm NOT looking forward to using Winamp to do the show!

Posted Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 8:34 am

Posted Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 8:58 am
Phenryll-
I appreciate your taking the time to answer my post but, as usually seems to be the case with me and computers, I must be in over my head. I'm not sure what you meant by "d/w" but, assuming you meant replace the kernel32.dll, I don't know how to replace a file that is always in use when Windows is running. If somehow the answer is DOS, I'm lost- I'm running WinME- No DOS...
If you (or anyone else) could explain what you meant, I'd certainly be grateful!

Posted Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 10:02 am
ok, sorry, d/w = d/l = download ;)

Use the "Shearch command" for know the file's folder.

In fact, replace the one in dos mode. Launch the computer with a boot disk. In the worse case, there is nothing difference with the actual situation. Save the old file before. @+

Posted Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 11:55 am
Hey- I kinda figured that's what the d/w was. LOL
As for the rest? I knew that kernel32.dll was in the WINDOWSsystem folder but I guess it's definitely back to school for how to make the swap in DOS. Unfortunately I was never into computers back when DOS was "it"- never learned it. Any links you can point me to for DOS commands that'll help me accomplish the task at hand?
Thanks again, Phenryll!

Posted Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 12:14 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Try this:
d/w kernell file (or copy it from another PC which has the same OS), and copy and paste it in the right folder.
Bye,
DJ Coco "Argentina"

Posted Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 5:35 pm
UPDATE ON THE PROBLEM
I'm running WinME
I've now formatted my drive and reinstalled the O/S twice.
Even with a fresh install, I'm still getting the kernel32.dll and atomixmp3.exe errors- And now, sometimes an unknown error.
I've tried running v2, v2.1 and v2.1.1- all with the same result.
I'm also now finding I have a resource conflict with the Gameport joystick and a driver that doesn't work for the MPU-401 compatible MIDI device. It won't let me update the driver, telling me the best one is already installed. I've had to disable them both to avoid the New Hardware search every time I boot up.
Any thoughts on this? Other than dousing my computer with gasoline and throwing a match to it?

Posted Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 1:21 am
Launch Microsoft Update. Maybe the kernel problem has been resolved.

Posted Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 9:08 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Absolutely, the very first thing to do after any windows re-install is to launch windows update. You'll probably find that the drivers on your install disc have been updated.

Posted Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 4:27 pm
Change windows to everything else except ME?:))I really hate this ME i had it for 1 year with the same problems as you
KERNEL F****** 32 :)))) sorry for my language

Posted Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 10:41 pm
Impressionsdj- I thought so too- No luck. Again- I'm used to wiping my hard drive on a regular basis. I've even made up a list on what to do & in what order so I don't miss anything and (hopefully) get the O/S to install the same every time I do it. #1 is to change my drive letter assignments and #2 is to run Windows Update.

dimitris_tsanak- A lot of people seem to give WinME a bad name but I think that's because most people are running OEM versions. I'm running the full boxed version and , except for the occasional glitch (like the problem I'm having now) I'll put it up against ANY of the Micro$oft products. Look through this forum and see what problems people are having with W2K and XP! Unfortunately, the problem is that it IS a Micro$oft product- none of them are worth a damn. For my purposes, ME seems to be the least of all their evils...

BUT- again and again- thanks to all who have taken the time to lend their ideas to this post

Posted Sat 14 Sep 02 @ 10:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)