Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: JN Classic - Trainer Edition

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NOW ... This sounds stupid, I know .... I modified the classic skin for all of you who want to learn and master beatmatching without using aids like Rhythm Curves, beatcounters, "magic" buttons, etc. This skin has ALL those aids stripped away so it is basically a CD player with the basic functions.

It works for me ! I think its a brilliant idea ... and it will prepare you for going on CD players without any experience on them. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS ?!?!

I didn't bother loading it to my website since I am too lazy .. I will just wait for the team to update the skins section tommorow morning.

Cheers,
Dave !!!!!!!

shoutouts to phatty720 (dave) and tommy2tall !!!!!

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 4:49 am
i think that's a good idea trip. i was actually gonna do one myself, but it looks like you beat me to it. This is the only program i have for mixin' so i need to get the most out of it that i can.

and i got a question. how do you become a member? what did you do to become one. or any of you other guys.. what did you have to do?

phatty720
dave

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 9:41 am

Excellent idea!

I can't say that I had thought of making a realistic skin without any "shortcuts" myself as I'm still playing around with the demo and thus can only mix visually...
as a matter of fact I have NO idea how the preview-fader even works so my XML-info for that one will be "borrowed" from your skins :o)

However it's a great idea, giving us a chance to experience a realistic setup with only our ears to aide us :o)

..and it'll probably show people what a great proggie Atomix really is when they realize how much easier it is with the automatic controls and dynamic BPM calculations :o)

I'll keep an eye out for it for sure :o)

Peace!
/T2T

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 9:53 am
hey trip. i'm doin' your 800x600 version of the jn classic, but it's gonna take a little longer. maybe till next weekend. i'm startin' to go batty with all these skins. i have 5 posts within like 2 weeks or so. i gotta take a bit of a hiatus. i did do some work on the bmp file, but not the xml file. i did some work in the bmp file for janosch's american cdj skin as well.

phatty720
dave

Posted Sat 27 Apr 02 @ 10:54 am
actually i take that back. i added beattaps to the jn classic (your version of it) so i did make those changes in the xml file. but mostly i worked on the bitmap file. nothin' major, don't worry. just minor stuff

phatty720
dave

Posted Sat 27 Apr 02 @ 10:57 am
NO BEATAPPS !!!!!!!! PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can put them on the 1024 one, but NOT the 800 one !!!!
The reason I love the CLassic skins is that they are simple, have a clean look and have all the necessary components. Adding a beatapp is just a waste of space and resources. The main reason I don't like any of Janosch's skins is that there is too much "jazz" and the beatapps make such poor use of space. The only beatapps i approve of, are the ones on the Silver Skin (one of the coolest-looking skins ever made), where it is just a small plain box.

- Dave

Posted Sat 27 Apr 02 @ 4:07 pm
i didn't add a button for the beattaps, it's already using something else on the skin. all you gotta do is open up the xml file and delete the two beattap entries, one for channel 1, and one for channel 2. it'll only take like 5 seconds to do that. and if you don't like the other mods to the skin you could just use the original bmp file instead of the one i did.

but like i said, give me until about next weekend for this one. if i look at another xml file anytime soon i'm gonna lose it.

phatty720
dave

Posted Sat 27 Apr 02 @ 8:10 pm
Beat-taps aren't that bad.. but I agree on that point about the two little red boxes in Silver.. they are SOOO neat :)

I've gotten absolutely NOTHING done this weekend:
my aunt celebrated her 50th birthday so me and most of my family got hammered and then I went out for some more drinks with the lads.. generally a kick-ass weekender :)

But I have made my VERY basic work in progress available on my FTP-server if anyone's interested? :)

Posted Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 6:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)