Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: The slider is unrealistic on Atomix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I mix on turntables and have been messing around with Atomix and there is one thing that bugs me and that is the slider.

It is unrealistic compared to all mixers I have used when spinning vinyl.

How it is set up on Atomix is lets say you are playing an mp3 on the left 'turntable'. With the slider all the way to the left the mp3 is playing at 100%. As you move it to the right it begins to decrease in volumn immediatly.

This shouldn't happen. When the slider is to the left it should stay at 100% all the way until it gets to the middle (equal distance between the left and right ends). The only thing that should be happening is the right mp3 should be increasing in volumn at this point.

After passing the mid point going towards the right side should the left mp3 begin to decrease in volumn and the right side mp3 should be at 100% from the mid point towards the right side.

What happens on Atomix is once I get to the mid point niether the left or the right mp3 is playing at 100% (which they would on an actual mixer) so I have to move the slider quickly over the mid point when I mix and it causes either the left or right (depending which side I am mixing) to suddenly get loud.

This should be very easy to fix.

Posted Tue 17 Sep 02 @ 3:35 pm
It sounds like you have the crossfader setting to "smooth".

If you go to the option-menu, you'll see on the left the setting for the crossfader (Full, Smooth, or Cut). You should change it to "Full", to change the behaviour of the crossfader to the way you want it.

Here is also the link to the online manual:
http://www.atomixmp3.com/support/manual/options.html#crossfader

hope this helps!

- Jim

Posted Tue 17 Sep 02 @ 3:56 pm
i agree with jim! my behringer mix has crossfader control on it so i can change how it reacts!

Posted Tue 17 Sep 02 @ 7:42 pm
Are people just posting this stuff without even reading the manual??
I've been busy lately but all I see here in the wishlist forum are pure RTFM-posts that need not be posted had they read the manual. :oP

*goes off to work with "Walker for the peeps" in his MD* :o)

Posted Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 8:35 am
thanks you guys own

Posted Tue 22 Oct 02 @ 3:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)