Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: All about previewing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi
I'm still in the process of choosing the software for the mobile disco business i will start in about 2 months.
I've been demoing so many software my head is spinning.
Atomix is in my top list but these following features would make my decision final.
I have not been able to test previewing with a 3d sound card in the demo (or maybe it does not work ok) with the speakers and headphone config. I have an Audigy.
The system i intend to build will most probably be a celeron 1200+ with 256meg+ ram, 80gig HD and 2 PCI audigy soundcards on windows 2000 probably
1 card for main out and 1 card for preview
I love the icons to tell me i allready played a song and not to break this functionnality i'm considering the following workaround.
Atomix to soundcard 1 and winamp to soundcard 2 for preview.
Of course winamp can be configured to use minimal processor power with the priority option.
THE PROBLEM
Atomix does not have Explorer drag and drop compatibility, big mistake (if possible tell me how) I need this to be able to drag song from other mp3 player (preview) to atomix.
Is there another player that would do the job?
You could possibly consider bundling atomix with a minimalist mp3 player (vertical interface) with browser and playlist and drag drop compatibility or button (add to atomix playlist)
Hoping i am understandable. Thank you for any comment on my message

Posted Fri 02 Aug 02 @ 2:45 pm
Qoute:
...Atomix does not have Explorer drag and drop compatibility...

Atomixmp3 is perfectly capable of doing this ... try dragging a song out of explorer to atomixmp3 player ... works perfectly ...

Posted Fri 02 Aug 02 @ 3:26 pm
My mistake about explorer.
I've been trying to drag songs from winamp playlist to Atomix without success.
Know of a small player i could use that i can drag song out of it's playlist to atomix?

Posted Fri 02 Aug 02 @ 4:06 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Wont Explorer allow you to use Windozes built in player when you right click on a file and choose Play? I know I can do that now and it will open up WinAmp, since I have that as my default mp3 player.

The full version of Atomix will also let you preview the song on the faded out deck just like a real deck. But it does require that you load the file onto the deck, which isn't as good as a quick little player to keep the deck on cue if you already have it setup to play.

Grimm

Posted Sat 03 Aug 02 @ 4:15 am
Sounds reasonable.. having Winamp in windowshademode with the playlist etc hidden makes it really small and it's not that much of a mem/CPU-hog either.. the prioritylevel can be changed at any time and if you have it configured to always use the second (preview-)soundcard it can be launched easily from an Explorer-window.. however I tried to rightclick in the Atomix-browser and Play wasn't an option there..that would be nice...
I'm not entirely sure what options are availble there but PCDJ for example seems to have a pretty elaborate and tree-structured popup-menu when rightclicking in the file-browser which seems like a fast and easy way to work.

Posted Tue 06 Aug 02 @ 3:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)