Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: dual mouse

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It would be completely practical to allow support for dual mouses. It's really hard to do real time mixing with only one cursor (i.e. starting/stopping and fading) What are the possibilities in that?

Posted Tue 09 Jul 02 @ 10:08 am
use the several keyboard shortcuts that are in atomixmp3 ... very handy!

Posted Tue 09 Jul 02 @ 10:11 am
Exactly.. Using the predefined shortcuts or better yet, making your own (i.e. using Numpad 1 to "Goto cue 1" AND "Play" at one press of a button) works fine... but having a variety of avaible controls that can be used would be very nice since people have different views on what's the best solution.

I'm not sure about what kinda software is needed to incorporate dual cursors.. I'm sure there's some odd third party solution allowing for 2/several mice but Windows in itself doesn't support more than one mouse.. right??

Posted Tue 09 Jul 02 @ 11:48 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
I don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong of course ;) I thought the specifications of IBM PC only allowed 1 mouse. Bios...

Posted Wed 10 Jul 02 @ 11:58 am
That much I know.. the standard is one mouse but maybe some smart people have constructed some sort of "secondary USB-mouse" solution.. it's possible but it's not standard IBM PC stuff and I haven't seen anything like it around.

My guess is that it isn't possible due to the fact that no PC/software to date has these features.

Posted Wed 10 Jul 02 @ 4:28 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Use a programable joystick as a 2nd input. You can have multiple joysticks, pad, keyboard "game enchancers" (those large pads with programable buttons) etc in Windoze. And most of the newer ones can be programmed to emulate keyboards.

And check this out:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/audio/pwrmate.html

Imagine having a couple of those with your system? Have one setup as the BPM controller for both decks. Press it and it can switch from deck 1 to 2. Then another to control the crossfade and nudgeing/scratch the audio. Like if your crossfading and you notice one song is falling behind, you use the one controller to adjust the bpm, and the 2nd controller to nudge the audio back in time, then quickly tap the controller and continue crossfading. :)

Grimm

Posted Thu 11 Jul 02 @ 1:28 pm
That's one awesome piece of USB-equipment!
But as always there's the price-issue:
45$ for an extra clickable scrollwheel??

I mean.. 60$ for Atomix is pretty fair pricing considering price/functionality but 45$ for a (admittedly stylish) scrollwheel??
Maybe I should start designing this kinda stuff myself 'cause people obviously are prepared to by a handfull of electrical components no matter what the price :o)

2 of these (if more than one can be used with one PC) and one of those cool programable USB-keypads mentioned somewhere on these forums earlier and your totally set for an awesome mix'athon.

Posted Fri 12 Jul 02 @ 10:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)