Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Cue Flags, MIDI Support, Vinyl Effect

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The three topics above I will open up for discussion.

1.)Cue Flags-
When a cue point is chosen (either the default starting cue or any of the multiple cues) The point in time is recorded in memory for future use. These points in time could be coded to present a colored vertical bar ("flag") on the mixing window as the marked beat passes in time. This would allow not only the current uses for cues, but also as reminders in the mathematical passage of beats. This means songs could have several flags for various reasons and even be color coded or have text attached. For example: White bar might mean time to drop the second track or it might have text say "start song 2" the limits are endless. "loop 4 times here" "kill bass here" "effect 1 here" "track 2 mids full here"

2) MIDI support for functions of atomix would revoloutionize how it could be used. Support could be added much easier than the mystical atomix controllor everyone is hoping for. The principles behind controlling knobs, sliders,etc. on virtual synth mods on computers could be easily applied to the atomix functions of knobs, sliders, and shortcuts. If you could custom select the atomix features you wanted to control (which synth programs of today have the ability to do) we could have the human interaction with the virtual mixing console that so many users desire (and I might add that bridging the gap is THE future of computer music mxing)

Imagine the possibilities with an interface like the SurfaceOne (www.midiman.net/s1/em) check it out........

3) Last but not least, you guys that are good at fx should write a vinyl .dll that simulates the fatter, more analog sound of vinyl. It is possible to create a completely realistic emulation. (finalscratch for example) See what you can pull together.

Posted Wed 26 Jun 02 @ 12:39 pm
Hi There !
1- Sorry I don't use the cues yet! 2- Remote Control via Midi Controller ID would be realy nice. (i only have a Midikeyboard)
I use a Behringer VMX 200 Mixer With two soundcard, so i can use the 3 way EQ and the crossfader from my Mixer without
Midi infolved. 3- There is a Vst effect called Grungelizer
from Steinberg.net i think It is included in the recent versions
of Wavelab, In wavelab u can ad the effect and an kind of other effects to your mix. :))

Dj 909

Posted Thu 27 Jun 02 @ 11:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)