Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: my whishes (speed, folder/playlist management, preview)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

After using this software in a party last Saturday, here are some wishes :

- make it more stable and speed it up (wandering through the folders/playlist is very slow on my Athlon 650Mhz/256Mb PC)

- provide a more convenient folder & playlist management : how to handle several folders at a same time, several play list, browse a list of playlists in a tree manner)

- When "previewing" a song on the second deck with headphones, the song disappears from the playlist as it seems to be considered as "already played". This is bothering me, because I try several songs before choosing the next one to be played. And all of them disappear, so I have to reload the play list ! (but maybe I was wrong, and there is already a way to avoid that).

Apart of that, marvellous tool, thanks !

Posted Tue 18 Jun 02 @ 11:43 am
I agree with the anon:

*setting up several "favorite" folders has already been requested and sounds very practical

*Managing the playlist-window and playlistfiles is a pain in the a** just as the anon' illustrated with the "song dissappears just because it's previewed(/dropped somewhere by mistake)".. a way to choose between entire list (including previously played tracks) would be good, maybe the Only New Songs-button should be a toggle-switch which gives you the option to see all the played tracks (with the red x's)

*I would also like a little more functionality put into the browser-window.. for example PCDJ(a totally shitty proggie judging from what I've heard at clubs that use it) have an extensive right-click menu when you click folders (enque/analyse entire folder and subfolders for example).
The scrollwheel on my mouse is just collecting dust as it isn't used/implemented in the browser-panes...
AND selecting multiple files should be just like in Windows' Explorer: Shift and Ctrl-clicks work like the shoul (to select an entire span and add/remove from selection) BUT it should be possible to select a span by marking one file and then use Shift+Arrowkeys to select a span of files.
How about auto-scroll if there's a vertical scroll-bar and the cursor is in the top/bottom of the pane just like in ordinary Windows-windows?

I've said enough for now but my head is full of ideas.. too bad I probably won't be one of the beta-testers as I won't have the $$$ to become Junior any time soon...

Posted Tue 18 Jun 02 @ 2:41 pm
OH!!.. just two more little things about the file-list/browsers:

*Being able to type in a name to find it in a folder would be very usable.
I know there's a Search window but what if you're already in the right folder, just at the wrong end of the file-list.. 3-4 characters would get you to the right song and if you have really large folders perhaps PageUp/PageDown would come in handy.. But there's a little problem with this idea: how do you inactivate the shortcuts? At present time you can't even type in a plugin-window (Vis-plugins and the Shoutcast-plugin in particular) because the shortcuts are still active even when the pluginwindow has focus... and disbling them just because the cursor is over the browser-part is kinda risky when mixing live. :oP

*I've mentioned this before but just want to give the idea some fresh air: more (selectable) fields in the different filelists such as Bitrate(+separate VBR/CBR-indicator field) and Duration that can be selected and rearranged sort of like in MS Outlook (not just hidden with 0 width 'cause then they are still present in terms of memory usage)

Posted Tue 18 Jun 02 @ 3:00 pm
what clubs are you talking about?

Ministry of sound in london uses PCDJ red, as do nicky holloway, rabbit in the moon, Monk, Kerri chandler, and ltj bukem. It's a rock solid performance software....and feature by feature crushes atomix. Which in my opinion is geared much more towards the bedroom or consumer dj.

Posted Wed 23 Oct 02 @ 6:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)