Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: 3 decks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I know there's been a lot of discussions before about this topic but I can't use the multi instance (I think it's because I don't have a 3D soundcard). So is it possible????
I just want to have 3 decks so I can mix much better
YDC

Posted Thu 16 May 02 @ 5:20 pm
Multiple instances are sort of hard to work with as well I recon... aren't they?
Either you need a VERY low resolution skin and stack the two instances on top of each other to be able to adjust the volumes of both in an effective maner OR you'd have to Alt+Tab hella lot back and forth between the different instances and have them stacked behind each other (=confusing since you don't have full control of all the playing decks at all times)
Three decks in one application would be easier to work with for sure.. the possible problems regarding the crossfader between these would be a minor thing compared to switching application-windows back and forth to adjust the volumes of all four deck that just 2 instances would mean...
I haven't got a slightest clue what the team meant by "multiple instances": sure.. 2 are more than one single instance but would bother to mess around with THREE Atomix-windows?
6 deck, 3 crossfaders and to be able to mix properly you'd probably leave all three crossfaders alone as you would need to adjust the 6 individual level-controls to get the mix just right between the 3-6 playing songs since there is no crossfader between the different windows....

3 decks would probably be enough and for the REALLY talented you could use one or two decks of a second instance..

The fact that the multi-instance-setting also gives you the possibility to control the soundcards volume-settings and share the soundcard with other audio-applications should however be left as is as that is quite usefull.

Posted Thu 16 May 02 @ 5:41 pm
conclusion: atomix team, plz add a thirth deck in the 2.2 version!!!!!!!

Posted Thu 16 May 02 @ 10:19 pm
alholioHome userMember since 2001
Three or more decks could be easily supported with an external mixer and separate sound cards... then there is no need to crossfade or volume adjust in the separate windows!

A neat feature would be to beatmatch between windows... a simple software API call should be all that is needed to synchronise. One window could be set as the master (perhaps the first one opened) and all other windows as slaves. Then all slave windows sync to master window when magic button is pressed!

Posted Fri 17 May 02 @ 12:16 am
True.. alholio has got a point there... that might work :o)

Posted Fri 17 May 02 @ 9:43 am
I would like to hear what the atomixmp3 crew thinks of this idea..

Posted Tue 21 May 02 @ 7:47 pm
So do I
I would really love an atomix with 3 decks, not multiple instance cos I have to switch too much.

Posted Wed 22 May 02 @ 3:15 pm
yeah a 3 deck atomix mp3 would be really cool...
crew/experienced members, what do you think of this idea? is it possible? if yes when comes the next atomixmp3 with a 3 deck system

Posted Tue 09 Jul 02 @ 1:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)