Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: I wish we knew

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I know V2.0 has only been around for 6-7 weeks or so, but it seems to me that there was talk of a patch to fix some of it's small issues. (I seem to remember someone saying within a few weeks) I've also seen much talk of v 2.1 going on around here. I'd be very interested to know what "wish list items" are being addressed for this next level. There are some fairly decent ideas in here that the program NEEDS. There's also a few ideas floating around in here that seem a bit foolish. I certainly understand that my exact needs may not reflect the exact needs of another user, but I am filled with hope that the team will continue to work in the right direction. Personally, I hope the gain will be functional in the Hardware mix mode, (with improved sound) and i continue to pray for an autoplay function, or at least the ability to set the time parameters in auto mixing mode. This one I believe is way past due. How about a few hints from the team as to what is in our future, and how far in the future that might be?
By The Way, I certainly mean no disrespect by this line of questioning, I'm just very curious. I check for news updates each day, but there has been no news since 12/02/01. Throw us a bone, give us something to start to get excited about.

With all due respect,

Rick

Posted Tue 15 Jan 02 @ 6:34 pm
I think the two most needed options that would be grreat to have in the next update would be timing for when the automix mixes, and a built in reader for cds, so that you can play cds on atomixmp3 without some complicated plugin. I can't get the cda2wav plugin to work. Keep up the good work team, and please read and consider our suggestions.

Posted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 3:54 am
Also, it would be GREAT to be able to see the cue tags on the time bar and in the visual mix window....much like TRAKTOR. Atomix is a far superior program, but this feature would be great!

Keep mixin'

Posted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 3:58 am
Again I realize my exact requirements are not going to always be the exact requirements of others. But I still carry the CD player. At a gig even if I could, I would NEVER drop a CD into the cd-rom to play. I'd rather see them put their efforts into just about anything else. If you want to play a CD so bad, get a little portable CD player and plug it into your computers line in.
It only takes about 45 seconds to rip a cd audio track to MP3. Why in the world would you think that Atomix needs to play CD's?

Posted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 2:11 pm
I still wish we knew!!

Posted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 11:10 pm
I'm still wishing that we knew..... any clues, any hints, any beta testing? anything???

Posted Sun 20 Jan 02 @ 2:43 pm
Okay .... they're not going to tell us yet, when the update is ready ! Just be patient and it will come. TOO MANY people have been whining and complaining about the coming of the new version.

The atomix team needs time to fix bugs and add features, and this comes with time. You can't expect them to debug and release and new version in just a matter of weeks.

And Yes, we all want a million different features to be added. But they can't satisfy everyone's needs and wants. And the more features added, makes the program alot more complicated ,for some.

I'm just trying to be optimistic here, give the atomix team a break ! They put alot of work into this !

Okay...enogh of the @ss-licking here.
(its not like it's going to make me a beta-tester ;-)

Rick i TOTALLY SEE what you are saying. I check too for updates often ! But it's not like they are teasing us here, mixvibes 4.0 was supposed to be released at the beginning of jan but it sill hasn't, so we're not the only ones !

Posted Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 11:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)