Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: ! TO DIE 4, ADVANCED B-P-M SWITCH !

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

seancHome userMember since 2001
Currently the BPM is calculated very accurately, which is great.

Typically Kyley Minogue's 'Can't get you out of my head' will get a BPM of about 120 - constant beat through out.

Now take Tina Moore's 'Never gonna let you go' this get a BPM of about 70 - intermittent beat (2 step).

This is technically accurate, but when using the magic tool it will bump the BPM from 70 to about 140 because it thinks it is too slow, when in actual fact it isn't.

What would be *REALLY* nice, is if there was an advanced BPM switch, which when pressed could try to "fill in" the missing beats of a 2 Step track to give it a more realistic BPM figure.

This would be a KILLER feature, it would make mixing a piece of piss for everyone. If you agree please reply, as it will get a greater chance of being included in the next release!

Seanc.

Posted Wed 12 Dec 01 @ 7:40 pm
yeah probaly.. i just multiply the 70 by 2 and match manually, piece of cake too :)

Posted Wed 12 Dec 01 @ 9:55 pm
seancHome userMember since 2001
What I’m talking about is a lot more complex than simply multiplying the BPM by 2. I’m talking about making atomix able to guess what a BPM should be, by comparing the BPM of the track that is already playing.

You could mix together styles of music that you would not normally put together in the conventional sense. So much more could be done with the BPM detection, instead of just making it technically accurate.

Posted Sun 16 Dec 01 @ 11:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)