Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Gain Control

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there any way to stop the gain control from moving around by itself? I have set the automatic gain control to disabled. But it still moves around by itself during a song. It does not seem to be trying to match the level of one song to another since it is happening during the play of one song and there is no other song just finishing.

Posted Thu 10 Oct 02 @ 6:01 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
The actuall knob is not moving is it ? What is happening is Atomix is reading the level of your song. I suggest doing a full scan of your mp3's with an extended file analysis.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Posted Thu 10 Oct 02 @ 7:51 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The gain control is not actually moving. Atomix is just adjusting what it reports as the actual gain level of the mp3. I find that even with scanned (annalysed) files this still tends to happen. However once a song has been played entirely Atomix reports a fairly stable average gain level for that track. So what you are seeing is not the gain being adjusted automatically, just the reported level of the track is being updated. Once you have played a track all the way through, the reported gain will stay steady.

(I'm pretty sure)

Posted Thu 10 Oct 02 @ 8:55 pm
Thanks a lot. I would like to be able to set up shortcuts for these gain controls as the sliders and knobs are very difficult to control and it can get dangerous to use them. At times, I nearly blew out my speakers.

Another thing I find is that AtomixMP3 plays at a lower volume than other applications, for example, if I just use the CD player provided by Windows, it is louder.

Posted Fri 11 Oct 02 @ 6:58 am
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
How Dynamic is YOUR AUDIO!!!

Vote For a Dynamics Processor!!!

Posted Fri 11 Oct 02 @ 12:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)