Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: well noone can help me (atomixmp3 to me sucks for a labtop)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJYAYOHome userMember since 2001
why
becouse i can not make it workon my labtop
like i say it before the problem is that
as soon i start plaing a song it skips
i did all what you djs and team volunters told me to do
but is not doing anithing.. this is what i have
i have a sony vaio
grx 550
this computer is 2500 dollars value
i thing it should be good for atomimp3(why)
becouse
pentium 4
512 memory
30 gig hard drive
win xp pro
if anyone can solve my problem i will pay 100 dolars
thank you

Posted Mon 27 May 02 @ 11:32 pm
What did you make untill now?

Posted Mon 27 May 02 @ 11:40 pm
i need some ansewrs not questions
than you

Posted Mon 27 May 02 @ 11:48 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
DJ YAYO It seems I have answered this question before, I told you that the cpu unit is to your prefrence and also I told you to buy as much ram as you can afford. This should make for a good system. I know it doesn't sound specific but Atomix is designed to run on most cpu's. For reference I use Atomix on a laptop. It is an Acer travelamte 200t, it has a 550mhz intell PII processor with 192 mb of ram with an onboard sound card. It runs all night with no errors. Please do answer questions when people ask it narows down the solutions to your problem. Also the support dos not suck, I have found the teamers to be very helpful : )

DJ Homeboy

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 1:25 am
well what can i say
homeboy
i am happy it works for you
i wish this program will work for me the same way it works for you
but it does not
and yes people try to help
but i have found no solution too my skipping problem
well maybe some that has my same computer will help me but it seens that noone has it

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 2:23 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have had it running on 2 sony vaios now... first on an amd 800 with 128 ram running windows ME, and now on a amd XP1300 with 256 ram running XP home. I've not had even a passing problem on either one of them. I hope that you get it figured out. I'll bet when it all said and sone, it'll turn out to be something very minor that's causing you so much stress.
describe your configuration.... sound card and such.

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 3:02 am
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I know this is a dumb answer, but Have you checked to see if the MP3 files you are using do not have the skip recorded in them? Do the songs skip in the same place all the time or different areas each time? Just a thought, and just trying to find the solution for you.

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 3:58 pm
Anybody don't know if you used Atomix on an another OS. With wME, w98, it runs correctly? "An another question! Enought!" :)))

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 5:35 pm
my mp3s are ok when a song skipes it does it averytime i play it in difelen locations
the sound card is a bildin souncard
and is a 3d yamaha

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 6:19 pm
The problem may be the union Atomix/wdm driver/wXP, it's not impossible. So, if I suggest you to try an another OS, it's so what to verify YOUR hardware/drivers with another OS which will run better (for atomix). If you try that: with an another hard disk please, no with your main disk.

Play the mp3 with winamp is (very) different to play these on Atomix! Difference? = the beat matching...

You seem forget the frequent problem w2000/SB live or value. Why not with YOUR configuration!? It's a driver question? Maybe, not sure. So: you're not ALONE to have got this problem. I have the same problem with w2000, the beats skipping. Either with XP, nor with w98.

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 8:11 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
OK YAYO i am SICK AND TIRED of the three million threads you have posted.

Let me tell you ONE THING to start: It's not atomix. If it runs great on all of our machines, it must be somthing specific to yours that is causing the problem.

I think it is the windows installation you have.

Don't believe me? I've been working with Windows since Windows 2.0/386 came out way back in the day. If something's not right with Windows, applications randomly fail, etc. That's why people in the real computing world (read: server admins, etc) use Unix or other more stable OS's.

Your machine is way more than fast enough to run this and you should be able to get it working.

I say:

DELETE EVERYTHING. Then go reinstall Windows XP and your drivers in a clean way. Don't install any of the Sony preinstalled crap which came with the machine. Minimalism is key for stability. If you have a whole bunch of crap running it doesn't matter if you have a 2ghz machine, it's going to get bogged down.

So, delete it all. Reinstall. And make sure it's really clean.

If you don't know how, you're shit out of luck. The Sony Reinstall CD is not what you want to use, by the way, because it will restore the crap programs that are preinstalled. You need an actual Win XP cd to do this with.

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 8:28 pm
hey
talon

you tink i am that stupit not to try that
yes i did
and yes atomixmp3 runs really good on my desktop
but it does not do the same in my labtop
lol
i try all that shit and i do not find and answer to my problem
and you are not helping at all repeting the same answer that iso many people already suggested
but anyways thank you for trying
and i am not kidding i will 100 us dollars to the person that sovels my problem
dj yayo

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 9:38 pm
i will pay 100 us dollars to the person that solves my skipping problem
thank you
djyayo

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 9:40 pm
Yes, re-install with wXP AND an another OS, why not?

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 9:55 pm
On an another hard disk, please

Posted Wed 29 May 02 @ 8:15 am
HAve you tried installing Win2000 ?!

Posted Wed 29 May 02 @ 4:51 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't think I'd recommend going backwards with the OS... if he's already running XP por, that's about as good as it gets. He'd be a bit foolish to install something less. If I remember right, this guy has 25 gig of mp3 files on a 30 gig hard drive, by the time you factor in the space required by the OS to actually function, he's probably really pushing the limit as far as space he needs to actually run any program. I have 70 gigs on an 80 gig drive, but that's a seperate drive from my OS. My C drive has only the windows, not much else. His laptop is several steps better than mine, and made by the same manufacturer, he really should have no problems at all. I think maybe his anger is a bit misplaced tho, he perhaps should be seeking tech support from the people he bought the laptop from, or Sony directly. We know that Atomix works on a properly configured Sony Viao, right out of the box with nothing uninstalled, or disabled. His problem may be with his machine.

That's just my thoughts.... I just upgraded to a newer Viao, I opened it, booted it, and installed Atomix, and mixed... no skips, no problems....
My new one is only an amd XP1300, with only 256 ram.

Posted Wed 29 May 02 @ 5:17 pm
yes
djyayo
djyayo

Posted Wed 29 May 02 @ 6:18 pm
You suppose it could be a hardware problem ?

These problems are frustrating and tedious especially when something should work properly ? Rolling back to Win2000 seems like a not so great idea .... but it might actually work !

Posted Fri 31 May 02 @ 2:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)