Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: LIVE PERFORMING

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay, straight to the point:
What do you need for live performances with atomix?
- pc hardware ?
- quality of mp3s ?
- other equipment ?
- other things people should know ?

Posted Sun 26 May 02 @ 11:12 pm
roryHome userMember since 2001
tell us who you are and we'll tell you what you need...

Posted Sun 26 May 02 @ 11:15 pm
what do you mean, does it matter who I am?
Or do you mean what kind (scale) of performances?

Posted Sun 26 May 02 @ 11:22 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This question has been answered dozens of times. I think what he was saying above, is that it takes a fairly lengthy explanation of equipment needs to answer your question. If you are not logged in, some folks get the notion that you may not be a registered user of Atomix, and are less likely to spend the time answering your question. Mayn anonymous users have been quite abusive in this forum in the past.

Posted Sun 26 May 02 @ 11:31 pm

This question might have been answered before, but I think the problem is that the forum has grown so large, it might be hard for people to find stuff.

But I get your point, sorry.

Posted Sun 26 May 02 @ 11:41 pm
u atomix guys suck......

this is maby the worst support service ive ever seen.... someone want to buy your product and asks for some information, and what do you do? you dont answer because he hasnt bought it yet!

:+: dj vishnu :+:

Posted Mon 27 May 02 @ 8:22 am
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
MAn its u that sucks.... tryin to scab shit offa me... U need a job and a concience.... dont blame atomix for your own pettiful life.... Atomix doesnt need customers like you anyways....

.::DJ Ben Jammin::.
For those who arent Vishu the fag, he asked me numerous times for Atomix (the full version) off me... never did i give it too him..

Posted Mon 27 May 02 @ 10:19 am
*hi-5's DJ Nero for making that stand* :)

Posted Mon 27 May 02 @ 12:49 pm
manuelHome userMember since 2002
that's just sad :(

Posted Mon 27 May 02 @ 1:10 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Ya so anyways "anon" log in even as a "newbie" you will get respect, but as Impression posted the length of the reply could be long and many atomixers are not inclined to help "anon" posts.

DJ Homeboy

Posted Mon 27 May 02 @ 3:30 pm
Whats the point of helping out anon users ? What if they just post here once and take off ?

I love helping out others ..... say if homeboy has a question ... I will answer it to the best of my ability ... why ... because i know he will be here the next day replying to it.

Posted Mon 27 May 02 @ 5:48 pm
Yeah, and now comes the time where we just ignore you and hope you go away.

Posted Mon 27 May 02 @ 6:11 pm
NaDeRHome userMember since 2002
Heloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i know im not actually contirbuting to this post just wanted to butt in!lol

no really people just register its not that big of a deal,i know i didnt buy the prog but i still get help i know not from sevices but from other people around here!

Vinyl Master(well not really a master but still good);)

NaDeR

Posted Mon 27 May 02 @ 6:59 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
NaDeR is a very good example of why you should at least register your nick. He does not own the program but as he said, he still gets respect and the support he needs to run the trial version.

DJ Homeboy

Posted Mon 27 May 02 @ 11:26 pm
C'mon guys. Being Anonymous does not mean that the person is hacker or what else. It can just be a potential user who is interested in the SW. Potential users might be dicourage to buy the program just from getting these responds... and who are we hurting then.
So guys... If you don't want to help anonymous users, then just exit the "topic" and let the teamers answer their questions. There is no point in giving Atomix a bad reputation.
That's my opinion...

- Jim

PS! These types of questions and answers should be in the FAQ-section.

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 3:00 am
several times I have posted chapter and verse as to how to set it up for a live performance. They were all very long posts.... Several others have done it as well. It shouldn't take too long browsing the forum to find the info that you want.

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 3:06 am
roryHome userMember since 2001
i wasn't trying to scare him away, just want to know who he was. all it takes is once, to register...

sorry
rory
104.5fm
uct radio

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 10:30 am
finally found it... Jim made me feel bad... I did a search for "equipment" and found this older post... here it is cut and pasted...

Well, it depends on what equipment the club or bar that you will be mixing at has in place. If they have a mixer and amplification, and speakers, you only need the computer, and the proper cables to plug into the line in(s) on the mixer. However, if you are going to be completely self contained, you need a halfway decent computer, I perfer a laptop. Mine is a Sony Vaio amd 800 with 128 ram, and I carry an 80 gig external firewire hard drive. About half the time I use a USB external sound device to provide 2 full stereo channels, but this is really no longer needed since version 2.1 came out. You need a mixer, I use a Numark, it's a decent mixer and has performed well for the last 3 years or so. You need an Amp. There's lots to consider here. Quality, wattage, size, weight, etc... I carry a QSC power lite. It delivers 1600 watts, (800 per channel) and only weighs 18 pounds. You'll also need speakers. Personally I use a pretty nice set of MTX 15" 2-way speakers. These have a very nice full range horn, and the highs are crisp and clean. With the 15" driver, I rarely wish that I had a seperate sub woofer.
That's the stuff you simply must have. Laptop, Mixer, Amp, & Speakers. A few optional items that should be considered would be a power strip. This is a nice strip of electrical outlets that mounts right in the rack, and keeps all the cords under control, and protects your valuable equipment from power surges. You should also consider a rack mountable equalizer. This gives you the ability to shape the music a bit to compensate for room dynamics. Most EQ's will also give you the opportunity to boost the signal a bit before it gets to the amp if you need a little more head room.
Oh yeah, a rack, or console to carry it all in, and a bunch of cables of all different shapes and lenghts, and a decent microphone that plugs into the mixer.
I hope this was helpful, check the posts after this one as everyone else will fill you in on what I may have forgotten.

Good Luck

PS: you also need an amazing music library that people will actually pay to hear.

hope it helps

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 1:57 pm
vlk72Home userMember since 2002
Why not changing the word "anonymous" to "guest" ??

Posted Wed 29 May 02 @ 1:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)