Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Loading atomix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When i load up atomix the little logo screen comes up then disapears when i run the curser over it. then nothing happens but when i click ctrl+alt+del it is still running in the background.

Thanks

Posted Sat 30 Mar 02 @ 2:31 pm
the v2.1 loads a bit longer, so if your computer is a bit slow er then just double click and wait for a while(it should load).....like 1 min....if it still doesnt work then there is something wrong.

Posted Sat 30 Mar 02 @ 3:19 pm
i have left it but it still doesnt work....and my computer is 800mhz and it has worked before....it's just recently that it hasnt worked.

Posted Sat 30 Mar 02 @ 3:21 pm
i have had this exact same problem... it was really weird. at least i think it's the same problem. i would start it, the logo comes up, then it minimizes. i try to right click and then select restore but nothing happens.

i right clicked on the desktop, went to properties, then settings. i set the screen resolution as high as i could. everything was really small.. but lo and behold, there was atomix. weird, but it worked. then i reset the screen resolution and it was fine.

Posted Sat 30 Mar 02 @ 8:29 pm
So Atomix was kinda placed outside the visual desktop?
That could be good to know if you ever get that problem on a live-set...

I know another thing that's useful on "crashed" Windows-applications, atleast in Windows 2K, XP and I believe 98 as well:

if you have a non responsive application bring out the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc or right-click the taskbar) and in the Application-tab you select the application in question, right-click the name and the select Maximize (sometimes Minimize then maximize works best)

I know it sounds like a troublesome thing to do but it has helped me and many others who have work in progress and really need to get that ONE application back on it's feet.

This post got rather geek'ish but being a helpdesk-slave I thought I'd let you all in on the secret.
(Sometimes applications start as minimized and wouln't restore properly, that's how I found out)

Posted Sun 31 Mar 02 @ 4:30 pm
(darksheer) : I've been having this problem for a week!!!!! The logo comes up, you move your mouse then it disappears and is running in the background? what's going on?! The trial version works but the full just sits there.... going ..... crazy!

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 3:41 pm
harithHome userMember since 2005
Same thing happend to me, but when I adjusted my display to 800X600 the problem was resolved.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 1:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)