Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can i save my mix with atomixmp3 (not record it in my hardware)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

what i am trying to say is, is it possible for me to save my mixwithout actuaaly recording it to my hard drive, if you have seen traktor they have this feature, it's good when you don't have enough space on your hard drive, and the atomixmp3 remembers what track did you use to mix and when did you crossfade, how long is the mix etc....
can anybody help me, you have nay idea what i am trying to say
thanks

Posted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 3:06 pm
Run your sound card output to a midi-system, insert a tape in the cassette deck and press down the record button.

Posted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 5:58 pm
I see what you mean, instead of recording the tunes, it records the names of the tunes you played, at what points you moved the crossfader and by how much, and how much and when you moved the equalizers, when the next tune came in, etc... Got ya. Good idea I suppose, although the best solution is to buy a bigger hard drive.

Posted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 6:01 pm
Yes, that is the best feature of Traktor becuase you can go back an edit a mix without redoing the whole thing. I don't think you can do this in Atomixmp3 yet, but hopefully they will have this option soon.

Posted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 6:08 pm
If your soundcard has an optical output, run it to an audio cd recorder. Then record your mix live on a cd-rw.

Posted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 8:59 pm
i use a portable minidisc recorder, very easy, only i don't like there's no digital in option, only digital out... So the recording will be analogue... But i guess that is because of security reasons

Posted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 11:23 pm
Does the sound quality really go down if you use anolog input ? Is the quality all that much better if you are using digital in?

Posted Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 4:15 am
lol, i think only one person understood what i meant in this topic, yes i meant the feature like Traktor has,
NOT RECORDING IT TO MY HARD DRIVE OR TAPE (r u kidding me TAPE), this would be great you know you will have the remix prepared bofore goin to club and just run it...wouldn't that be cool

Posted Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 2:31 pm
DJ OmniHome userMember since 2001
I guess that would be a nice feature if you'd like to customize your mix to burn a mix CD or if you want a couple of pre-mixed tunes when you're going to the bathroom. However, I can't imagine any DJ going to a club or party with the whole thing running by itself and the DJ only doing like he's mixing the whole thing. DJing isn't just only about mixing tunes. It's also about reading the crowd and playing the right songs at the right time.

DJ Omni
http://www.productionsomni.com

Posted Sat 12 Jan 02 @ 6:53 pm
Well it's only a matter of time where your computer can do that too. Hewlett Packard apparently is testing an artificially intelligent DJ that can apparently read the crowd and change the songs to match the crowds mood. This sounds like a load of bullshit but it's a scary thought.

Posted Sat 12 Jan 02 @ 11:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)