Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
Well, I almost did buy Atomix, but I'm damn glad I did not do it! Why? Because I still think the program isn't as good as it should be. And the question is....will it ever be perfect?

Now that's my following point...I don't understand the Atomixteam! Why don't you guys go to the Winamp team for a good mp3 playback (no glitches)? And that's just an example! I understand you want to make your OWN program, but just get the help from an older, more experienced team!!

Then, my following point; keep your customers informed about what you're doing next and when things will happen or will be released. Doesn't matter if you can't realise some things, everybody will understand. But let your customers know what you're doing!!

And then, my last point, instead of keeping implenting new features in your software...improve the ones who were there already first. It's really cool to use the flanger effect and so on but when your scratching you still have that crackling sound!

Well, Atomix team, don't understand me wrong, I love your software, keep on going, but you'll have to do better to confince me!

Roderick, The Netherlands

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 12:57 pm
HAHAHA, don't waste your time. Your message is sensible and to the point, therefore it will be completely ignored by the Atomix Team, and all the 'loyal' users are going to give you some abuse. Well done for trying though, and I agree with everything you say.

Oh, and never ever ask the Team to stop being so secretive about new releases and the dates, they will not give us any information on release dates and they will not tell us what they are doing at any given point in time, they just love everything to be clandestine. I think they have watched too many James Bond movies while smoking their joints at university.

We are the customers, we MUST be kept in the dark. It is the only way.......to keep us suitably dissatisfied and annoyed.

Yours,

The_Plain_Speaker

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 3:16 pm
You guys need to understand we are not in heaven. Only in heaven there is software even better than Atomixmp3.

1. If you don't want glitches, just buy an external mixer and set atomixmp3 to hardware mode
2. The Winamp team??!!! Hahahaha... Do you really think the Atomixmp3 team can't make a simple cheap program like Winamp!!!??

Dirk, also The Netherlands

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 3:31 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
blah blah blah. WinAMP's MP3 engine isn't anything special.

If you want to whine about fairly moot points, maybe you should direct it via email to the Atomix Team. service@atomixmp3.com if I recall.

whiner.

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 4:33 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Euh you have talked about scratch ? but where can you see on our manual or on our feature list we have talk about a scratch feature ??? We have never talked about it and of course it is not in the 2.0 version where you can find one !!!

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 5:50 pm
I think what he means is, that when you move the EQ's or crossfader too rapidly, they crackle from that point onwards whenever they are moved - even if slowly.

This crackling has been pointed out to you constantly in this forum and in the technical forum but you choose to IGNORE it every time. Why not say a word about this crackling problem and tell us what is to be done about it. I know that not everyone has detected it, but a substantial number of people HAVE. Therefore, it demands attention.

I wonder, will this go unanswered yet again?

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 6:43 pm
One more thing that deserves attention; was I right or was I right when I said you would get nothing but abuse from the Little Atomixers? I was RIGHT. Who was it who said "if you want to whine about debatable (moot) points, send an email......."? You know who you are. This is the very reason improvements never happen, because idiots, for some unknown reason, want this program to remain with it's bad sound quality and crackly eq's and crossfader. Very strange... I thought progress was a good thing. Obviously I was mistaken. So, do NOT point out ANY bad points of Atomixmp3, it is WHINING, ok?

Just remember, you should feel blessed for having this software, it's a gift from the God's, you are VERY lucky and should NOT complain about anything EVER, hand over your money and BE QUIET. Got it? (tongue firmly in cheek).

Oh, and NO, Atomix Team could not make a WinAmp program easily. Listen to the quality of WinAmp's sound output and compare it to Atomix. I know the Little Atomixers won't hear any difference, but other users will do. If Atomix can't make a good quality sound engine, how can they make WinAmp which has a superior one? Hmmmm, a paradox. Freaky.

Criticism is necessary for forward movement and development, don't try to kill it every time it appears. Embrace it and learn from it. If many people tell me I can't sing, I don't head-butt them all, I get singing lessons.

The_Plainer_Speaker

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 6:54 pm
Opinions exist, and deserve to be spoken.

Yet, I would urge you to make sure you're comparing apples with apples before jumping to conclusions.

WinAmp is a cool MP3 player with a lot of nifty features, but it is not a deejay application. This has its consequences in terms of application logic and associated building blocks.

Real time processing of multiple sound feeds (with BPM detection algorithm, time stretching, pitch adjustment,...) is fundamentally different and requires other coding techniques than for processing a single sound feed.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 8:58 pm
Agreed. However, Atomixmp3 2.0 still has bad sound quality (lack of mid and high-range frequencies when eq's are in default positions) and crackling when using the EQ's and crossfader. These are the points that were raised, unfortunately, as predicted, the Little Atomixers immediately criticised the criticism and accused us of 'whining'.

So much for trying to get the bugs fixed.

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 11:45 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just go a few messages ago. There are a lot of statements from the team and the developer that this will be corrected soon. How often should we post this?

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 12:16 am
Hee there. Yan-x, try to understand.....do not POST this but put in your news section or whatever, where anybody can read it without searching the forum or so.

And for all the above posts....I just give feedback. You may prove me wrong and I;ll accept it. Ok, if Winamp uses a code that Atomix don't, then that's so. But otherwise....why don't you listen to the things I say. Now it looks like you're being attacked, while it was not ment that way. You can always listen to the given feedback, react if you want so (on a fair way) and then do with it wat you want.

Listen, you'll have to understand we don't want to fuck the atomixteam by posting this posts, we want to help them by pointing them on things which could and maybe should be better.

Roderick

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 9:33 am
Sorry instead of yan-x I ment mama....hehe... ;-)

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 9:34 am
Thanks Rodie! :-)

Be sure, we always take care of anything you say, but sometimes a point was discussed hundreds of times and the answers were given too. As you can see in several posts, the author is here in the forum too, to take a look what you all want to see in AtomixMP3. If we wouldn´t take care of your opinions, AtomixMP3 would not have an EQ, effects, samples, track recording and so on. But we need some time to code and then test an update. It will be here soon! :-))

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 10:30 am
Allright then mama, that's good to hear..but I still think you should mention the things you're workin at should be posted on the news section. Maybe it isn't usefull, but anyways, it will keep the customers loyal to your software and reminding them you're doing something.

(And I can know it coz i'm studying management, economics and law, called MER in Holland)

I still have not buyed Atomix but I'll keep following you guys! And when the time and the software is right I think you'll have anaother customer in your mailinglists. ;-)

Roderick

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 12:06 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
It is true that the newpage is not actualized but you have to understand that we (the lab team) has any access to this page. Only the author can post news on the homepage. So to communicate with you, we must post here in the forums!

Less than two weeks ago, we have posted messages about the next version 2.1 to show to users that we are working on a new release but as it was not on the homepage lot of users haven't seen it!

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 12:18 pm
Well Yan-x, that's a fair answer, and I did not know that, now it souns quite more logical. I'll be in the forums anyway hehe....;-) You'll hear more from me!

Roderick

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 12:25 pm
Yan-x, can't you speak to Stephane and ask him to give you control over the news section so you can add important notices there. Not everyone comes on this forum every day, so the posts regarding bug fixes and new versions get lost amongst other messages and never seen by some users.

With no search engine for the forums, trying to find all the latest information and news in here is a time-consuming job.

What if you were at least to make information and news posts a different colour font with a different colour flower thing flashing beside it? That way it would stand out and we would immediately know that we should read it. What do you think?

Christmassy Greetings to all,

MiXmAsTeR

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 1:20 pm
Hmm, Mixmaster, I thought I know you as registered user?? If you login, all new post were highlighted with the yellow Atomix sign! :-))

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 2:04 pm
I know, but sometimes I don't want to read all of the new posts, unfortunately the news can be hidden in one of those new posts and I won't know about it....

Also, as you may have noticed, I can't very often be bothered to login. I still think an auto-login thingy on this site would be a good idea, it would reduce the number of anonymous postings that most people hate so much.

I'm sure someone in the Team said that after version 2.0 was released the website would be changed, possibly including auto-login and forum search features...hmmmm.

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 2:49 pm
Yepp, I wrote this, and I hope this will be done soon! :-)

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 3:30 pm
87%