Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Trax which are not 4/4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,
Ok atomixmp3 really works and is totally usable for 4/4
beats,surely it cant be that hard to make it work out the tempo of other beats like jungle and hiphop etc?

`You can use atomixmp3 to mix jungle etc but its not as easy as 4/4 I work all the tempos out for every track with a separate bpm program and then when ive entered the bpm in manually i put it in the comments bit aswell just in case atomixmp3 changes them in the middle of a gig!

please please please make it detect other beats bpms
and you will have the BEST program!!

Posted Tue 11 Dec 01 @ 2:49 pm
I second that.

Posted Tue 11 Dec 01 @ 4:57 pm
bullshit jungle sucks ass, the atomixmp3 team know music, they've only made their proggie work fine with the good music (trance, club, house)... So for you guys: Go to the rainforest if you want jungle...

Posted Wed 12 Dec 01 @ 12:38 pm
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
now now, take it easy mate
ppl have their own bizzare tastes, whether we like the same things as them or not it doesnt matter, respect and be respected....

chill bro,
.::DJ2nV::.

Posted Wed 12 Dec 01 @ 2:03 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
dont worry, the 'jungle craze' will die someday... or else jungle will evolve itself into a less noisy, more refined form of music. But it's good to hear every once in a while.

Personally, I'm all about the 4/4 beat... Simple, clean, easy to follow, easy to mix, and easy to lay anything else on top of.. oh yea, and good for dancin :D

peace,
-nate

Posted Thu 13 Dec 01 @ 10:43 pm
4/4 beat type music is only a very small percentage of music out there I love a lot of it but there is SOooooo much else out there which is pushing the boundries MUCH further ,music with different time signatures,check out venetian snares the artist try and work out his rhythms!

Posted Fri 14 Dec 01 @ 4:28 pm
try beatmatching like a real dj!

heh.

Posted Fri 14 Dec 01 @ 10:32 pm
yes I have been beatmatching while DJing for 15 years now,played all over the world,100's of gigs.
I played 4/4 music when it first came out with the first chicago house,then acid house then detroit techno etc and followed it through to uk ardkore and jungle ,
you see so I fully understand what you are tallking about but there is A LOT more music out there which is pushing the boundries.

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 6:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)