Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How many mp3 files in your library ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

personnaly, i have about 14000 files, all tagged and renamed with personal softs and recently thx to musicmatch 7.
and you?

Posted Tue 11 Dec 01 @ 2:49 am

Posted Tue 11 Dec 01 @ 5:24 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
16,249, and growing. about 75% done with 14 years worth of DJ archives. (started in April)

Posted Tue 11 Dec 01 @ 1:43 pm
mhvuHome userMember since 2003
Wow, 16,000 mp3 files? Where do you get those files from. Did you even have time to listen to 1,000 of them, not alone 16,000 of them.
Can you put all of them in a playlist, play them at random and identify the author, the name of the song?
I have about 2000 mp3, all trance/house music and I can identify all of those song from top my head.
So sad :-D

Posted Wed 12 Dec 01 @ 1:54 am
nroblesHome userMember since 2001
i use audiogalaxy to download music. the best soft for downloading music

Posted Wed 12 Dec 01 @ 2:14 am
next thread, how many il-legal mp3's you got? can you even be honest?

another question might be, are you commiting illegal act if you logon to sharing service and share a folder which happens to contain any commercial music. (my sense of justice says you are, so i'd guess that's the law here, after all someone even got busted here in finland for using cutemx a lot in a university)

oh, and you desperate to know how many mp3 i got, well i'm not sure due to the way i've organized them currently.
anything between 8000 and 20000 would be my guess.
not many are legal, those that are i bought after hearing the mp3 first.

Posted Wed 12 Dec 01 @ 6:41 am
Yeah right buddy that means you bought around 15,000 of your songs and This is Ossama Bin Laden writing this...

Posted Wed 12 Dec 01 @ 3:45 pm
Most of my library came from my archives. I started DJing way before anyone ever heard of mp3's. My collection of vinyl consumes a large portion of my basement, and my collection of CD's consumes the rest. (yes, as I began buying CD's, I was also recording the vinyl to CD as I slowly illiminated the need to carry turntables and records) I began encoding this archive back in late winter, early spring. I'd say it's probably about 75% finished.
And... there's a lot of songs in my library that I have never heard. But if anyone ever requests it, it's there. :-)

Posted Wed 12 Dec 01 @ 4:18 pm
this seems like a good thread to post a few questions I've had:

1. When you play a club, are you required to pay a fee or royalty for the music you spin, or does the club handle that?

2. Does anyone really check if the music you have is legal or not?

3. Is it legal to play a gig at a club using atomix if you only play songs you have a legal hardcopy of?

4. Honestly, do clubs seriously consider people approaching them to do gigs w/ atomix?

5. Are any clubs that you know of able to handle an atomix setup? (minitower pc with 3d soundcard and external mixer)

Just wondering because I'm really starting to think seriously about dropping some demo CD's off at clubs around here (Chicago, IL, USA) and trying to get a gig or two.

Thanks in Advance!

The Goner

Posted Thu 13 Dec 01 @ 5:25 pm
Maybe in the future there will be gig for atomix. But at most of the club right now, they have their standard mixer/turntables with an optional DJ-CD players.
If you want to do gig at club, you need to do the traditional way!!! I think it's a big turn off if you are bring your laptop to the club, ask them to hook up their audio cables to your laptop. And after you done with your mix, they will have to stop for about 5 minutes to re-connect their cable to the mixer...
And what are you gonna do with atomixmp3 at the club? Choose the song, click, sync, and play with the EQ??? And what happen if people look at you? Click, sync, pretend to do something cool with the mouse??????
It's cool to use Atomixmp3 at hoe, and I agree it's a great tool but I'm not sure if it's the right way to do at a club...

Posted Fri 14 Dec 01 @ 2:38 am
When you walk into a club that has house CD players, and a mixer, all you have to do is plug your 2 outputs into their mixer. When they see you hooking in a computer, they are impressed. When you are done, you put everything back the way you found it. They shouldn't have to spend even one minute plugging their CD players back in. Guys that just pack up and walk out leaving things in a mess, give the rest of us a bad name.

Posted Sun 16 Dec 01 @ 3:54 pm
what is a club without club mixer with spare free line inputs anyway?..

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 6:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)