Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DO NOT buy a M-Audio Quattro usb sound interface

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

they sell this as being a 4in/out usb sound card however once you get it and read the manual you find out that only using ASIO drivers under programs such as cubase vst can you get 4 outputs. If you use it with direct x its only a stereo pair.

i think this was very deceptive advertising on their part. i bought one for the reason of having 2 output pairs to run into my mixer along with a laptop for atomix use, but luckily i can return this item

but just wanted to let anyone considering this soundcard for mobile use, dont !!

Posted Thu 29 Nov 01 @ 10:57 pm
Thank you for the advice. I was just about to buy one. Does anyone have a good suggest for a 4 output sound card running Direct X drives that we can use with ATOMIX?

Let us know!!!

Posted Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 12:50 am
emagic emi 2/6 is supposed to be good but i havent used it, its usb though

also theres the RME hammerfall which is pcmica card slot, echo audio makes a card that lets you use their layla and mona interfaces with a laptop now as well.

also theres the magma pci to pcmica adaptor which will let you use any PCI card with a laptop, kinda expensive but gives a ton of options

lastly there are a few firewire options, MOTU makes a 8in/out unit thats said to be very good

Posted Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 4:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)