Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Please, can anyone help??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using Atomixmp3 on a Sony Vaio AMD 800 for live gigs, with an 80 gig external hard drive. This drive currently has stored somewhere around 14,000 songs. The problem I'm having (and I can't believe I'm the only one) is that whenever I'm playing a song that has distinct stereo seperation (like, bass line on one channel, and lead and vocals on the other) I loose half the song. (meaning that I don't hear one of the channels that I would if I were playing in true stereo) Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how did you fix it? I've tried other DJ software products without having this problem. In other words, with the other mixing program I get the both channels of the stereo sound out to one side of the splitter. However, it is my opinion that compared to Atomix, the other program more or less sucks. I need full sound tho. Hate to switch, can someone PLEASE offer up some suggestions. (btw, I have the latest sound drivers, and the latest directX.... ) UGH!
Thanks,

Rick

Posted Fri 12 Oct 01 @ 11:40 pm
Well its simple put another soundcard,and mix with an external mixer (i.e. Pioneer 500/600 or Vestax ones)
D3STR0Y@Z

Posted Sat 13 Oct 01 @ 12:38 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I guess I wasn't clear. I am using an external mixer. I have toyed with the idea of adding another sound devise, but since I have confirmed that my sound card and computer configuration do in fact work properly with a different software product, (full sound out of the one sound card with a stereo splitter into 2 seperate inputs on the mixer) adding another sound card shouldn't be required with Atomix.
It's becoming more and more obvious to me that perhaps I am the only person having this problem.

Posted Sun 14 Oct 01 @ 10:41 pm
You only have one stereo output on your laptop, don't you ? So check the sound options, you must select ONE sound card and a mixer instead of two sound cards and a mixer. This way, Atomix will mix both channels of each song and you won't lose anything.

Posted Mon 15 Oct 01 @ 2:08 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That's correct, one stereo output on the laptop. Configuration is set for one sound card and a mixer. I get 2 seperate outputs... deck A to channel 1 on the mixer, and deck b to channel 2. Unfortunately, I'm not getting the full combined sound to either side.
appreciate you thinking about it tho. Keep trying.

Thanks

Rick

Posted Mon 15 Oct 01 @ 6:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)