Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: So much noise

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when I change the pitch of a song. Kinda like whistling, high frequency noise, especially at the parts where there are few instruments playing. I can't record any mixes because of the sound quality. Is there any way to fix this? :( May be someone know a noise reduction software I could use on the mix after I've recorded it... I've played around with Cooledit but couldn't get better results yet...

Posted Sat 29 Sep 01 @ 5:16 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It could depend on DirectX. Is version 8a installed on your machine?

Posted Sat 29 Sep 01 @ 10:35 am
Turn off master tempo as well, it was one of the worst introductions into Atomixmp3.

Posted Sat 29 Sep 01 @ 6:04 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I like and use the master tempo... never have had an audible promlem with it, and I'm playing through some pretty darn good club sound systems.

Posted Sat 29 Sep 01 @ 6:44 pm
Thanks for the replies... I just installed DirectX 8.0a, but it didn't help, the problem is still there. It's this whistling, 'pssss' kind of noise that comes when I increase pitch. If I leave the pitch untouched, it's fine. I had the master tempo disabled. This problem actually goes away if I enable the master tempo, but then another thing comes along - the beats get all broken up and it sounds even worse.

Posted Sun 30 Sep 01 @ 5:10 am
Try re-installing Atomix, and also, get the newest drivers for your soundcard and install them.

If that doesn't work, tell me your system setup, such as motherboard, memory, etc and operating system. I need to know what soundcard you have, as I have noticed that some types do show symptoms such as yours, especially on-board sound codecs.

I cured a similar problem with my on-board sound by re-installing the sound driver with the original driver that came with the motherboard driver cd, as the newer one I had installed was causing the problem.

Posted Sun 30 Sep 01 @ 3:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)