Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Chat

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It has come to my attention that there are a few new people who do not fully understand how that room operates. So I am going to help you out by explaining it, to hopefully relieve some frustration I am seeing there.

1. The room opens up in a separate window and is divided up into 7 basic panes ( I tried to draw this here in the forum but it automatically takes the spaces out and makes the rendering illegible) we will start from left to right, top to bottom..

a. The first noticeable window is the biggest one where you see peoples messages and who wrote them, obviously this is the chat window.

b. The next one is the place where you type your messages hence the reason it has a label of “message”.

c. The next one down from that is your smilies, hence its label.

d. The one beneath it is the legend of the various types of users and there positions on the board you may experience in VDJ Chat.

e. Starting from the top right is “User in (whatever chat room you are in at the time)” pane.

f. The next one beneath that is the “public rooms” pane listing all the rooms and amount of people in them available to you at the time.

g. And the last one underneath that is “Private Rooms.” pane, where only VIP’s and above can enter.

It seems a few of you are unsure when someone is online and not online, I see this by your frustrated responses you leave when you are asking questions and receiving no answers to them. If you see no names in Window Pane “1e” other than Lady Cameron that means no one is there in the chat room with you regardless of the messages you may see in “1a”. And although Lady Cameron can answer some of your very basic questions about VDJ do not expect it to answer your more complex problems.

If you are a clever person and can speak multiple languages, please remember the default Chat Room is English only. The list of rooms in window pane “1f” tells you other rooms where your preferred language maybe spoken. This is also a good way to locate others who speak your preferred language and maybe able to assist you with your problems. If a person or more is in another room other than the one you are in it will be denoted to the right of the room name it is in, in parentheses.

Last but not least, this is part of the message is primarily aimed at the few Demo Users who think that the Chat Area or Forum Area is a good place to get VDJ Serials or Plug-in’s. Quit being idiots! Do you really think that someone here will give you something they had to pay for to you for free? Do you realize this board is constantly monitored by it’s staff who have a zero tolerance level for this behavior? Quit asking for a handout and buy the software.

I apologize to those who have been here for a while and those who figured it out on there own, this is by no means meant to insult yours or anyone’s intelligence. Just trying to be helpful.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Thu 04 Dec 03 @ 10:43 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Well put Redman :)

Posted Thu 04 Dec 03 @ 11:19 am
Thanks DJ Homeboy. :)

Posted Thu 04 Dec 03 @ 2:24 pm
good man :)

now translate it for the other forums lol

Posted Thu 04 Dec 03 @ 7:10 pm
I can do a translation into gibberish for you if you'd like?

And Australian... I speak fluent Australian... very similar to gibberish.

Regards

Posted Thu 04 Dec 03 @ 7:29 pm
and why would you wanna do that? lol

Posted Thu 04 Dec 03 @ 7:47 pm
Which one the gibberish translation or the Australian?

Posted Thu 04 Dec 03 @ 7:48 pm

Posted Thu 04 Dec 03 @ 11:21 pm
Thanks Coyote DJ For the translation. :)

Sometime this weekend I will post it in German and Italian as well. I would do Serbian too, but there is no Forum for it.

-=Update=-
It is now in the German forum, Thanks to my Lovely Wife!

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=2755

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Fri 05 Dec 03 @ 12:09 pm
hey.. i was wondering how to get the add-ons.. it aint lettin me downlaod em.. if sumone cound send e m to me or tell me how to use it thad be great

Posted Sun 07 Dec 03 @ 9:41 pm
Sorry qasim_nathoo

No Effects download for demo user !

Posted Sun 07 Dec 03 @ 9:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)