Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Anyone bought atomix and live in UK ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey have u bought atomix and live in UK , .. how does it charge you... do u just oay about £40 and download the prog ??

cheers

Posted Thu 19 Apr 01 @ 2:28 am
Well, sorta....

I bought Virtual DJ and I just gave my Card number then downloaded it....

I can't imagine it's too different for AtomixMp3

Posted Thu 19 Apr 01 @ 6:35 pm
i download VJ and its nowhere near as good at atomix ??? oh well so anyone out there bought atomix and live in UK ???

Posted Fri 20 Apr 01 @ 12:25 pm
djfinnHome userMember since 2001
Hi,

I bought atomix 2 months ago, live in Edinburgh and have already done a gig with it. I've got a couple more lined up and am eagerly awaiting the next release. Its a cracking peice of software and not overpriced, in fact its the only software I've ever bought. I've mostly been mixing house music with it and am about to record a CD and start getting it out to local clubs, something I've said I'd do for a while but been too busy.

Also toyed with the idea of getting a dedicated PC or laptop for the job, but now reckon that an LCD screen be the best compromise of price, portablilty and upgradeability.

Any other UK users out there, would like to hear from you. Am also interested in tips of how to promote yourself, any bright ideas?

Regards,
Finn

Posted Sat 21 Apr 01 @ 7:14 pm
Brian CHome userMember since 2001
I paid by credit card (just over £40 I think) and the link to download the full version was e-mailed to me instantly.

djfinn, Hi I'm in Kirkcaldy and am doing my first gig this Friday night. I'm also looking for promoting tips.

I give away as many of my mixed cd's as possible for promotion. I gave a cd to the head of personel where I work and she was very impressed, she couldn't understand how the beat never stops (most older people haven't heard live beatmixing), so I now also have the staff christmas party to do at the end of the year. :)

I fully trust Atomix to be stable and not let me down.

Eagerly awaiting the update.

Posted Tue 24 Apr 01 @ 11:06 am
Im just wondering.. Do you take you Pc out to play live???
Well im into the old dj things with a DJ-CDPLAYER, TURNTABLES and a mixer.. then you people say that i can replace it with a PC prg???

Its a cool Prog thoug

Posted Wed 25 Apr 01 @ 10:04 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yepp, you can use your PC instead of your turntables! There are many DJ´s using AtomixMP3 at prof parties. If you want to do so, be sure to use a stable and clean OS installation with AtomixMP3 installed only. A fast and easy way is an extra changeable HDD with MP3´s and the software on it.

For example RISC, a DJ from the UK, won a DJ contest this year using AtomixMP3.

mama

Posted Thu 26 Apr 01 @ 8:46 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Mama you have miss to say that R!SC is one of our great teamer!

So you can see that the Atomixmp3 team include number of Dj in its members... That's maybe why we are so meticulous !

Posted Sat 28 Apr 01 @ 1:14 am
Does anyone know how I can get in touch with R!sc? I am interested in promoting a night in London using MP3 only DJs.

Posted Thu 03 May 01 @ 6:05 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yepp, mail him at
chris@atomixmp3.com

mama

Posted Thu 03 May 01 @ 7:02 pm
Hey DjFinn and BryanC - I live in Edinburgh as well... I've only just started DJing and have only used Atomix (its also almost the only piece of software I've bought!). I've really enjoyed using it (I use a laptop's internal soundcard and an outboard USB soundcard to DJ with).

Glad to hear there are other laptop DJ's out there... maybe I'll run into you some night!

Right... I'm off now to Christies do play some tunes :)

DoubleWah

Posted Fri 04 May 01 @ 6:14 pm
All Atomix users in the UK (and elsewhere) - R!SC and I are setting up a joint venture website very soon to replace the very excellent reality-uk that risk used to run and my own poor effort www.daveocean.com

I'd love to tell you the url - but risc is so busy with the teamers, he hasn't had time to complete his magic on the site.

But please do watch this space - especially if you want hints and tips on promoting yourself. We are also looking at organising a night in a very prominent UK club to promote Atomix and Atomix DJ's (or even a whole tour if it is successful)

I know this site is full of this statement at the mo - but please WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

DJ DaveOcean

Posted Wed 09 May 01 @ 1:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)