Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: laptop solution

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djfinnHome userMember since 2001

Posted Thu 29 Mar 01 @ 9:59 pm
Well if you read the spec it tells you the soundcard...

'8 SoundBlaster Live! Value Sound Card '

Soundblaster live allows you to use the front and rear outputs as independent soundcards....sort off. So you can play the decks on the fronts and the cue/headphones on the rear.

Simple solution for mobile DJing useing an mp3 mixing prog, although id rather something a bit more high quality than a creative labs card, maybe a dual RME hammerfall =O)

Also check out

PCDJ red from www.visiosonic.com and
Traktor from www.ni-traktor.com

Both are really great rivals to atomix, the latter one is pretty exceptional and once masterd makes flawless mix's with great effects....looks professional to.

Posted Fri 30 Mar 01 @ 1:30 pm
That's not a laptop. It's 8" thick!!!

Thats just a poor spec desktop with a flat screen (A small one at that)

DJ Dez

Posted Mon 02 Apr 01 @ 5:32 pm
Ok, what fag removed my posts because I talked about rival mp3 mixers? Grow up, its good to have competition, that way you get of your lazy ass's and upgrade the software so we keep coming back to you. I hope you get something done soon though, because in its current incarnation NT tracktor (www.ni-tracktor.com) absouty PISSES all over atomixmp3, which at the moment is a kiddys app, the only even remotley decent thing is the beat matching technique, the rest is crap....i mean you cant even figure out that problem where it skips beats when master tempo is on. I TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT AT 1.0 STAGE, and you STILL havent fixed it.

Hopefully whatever the reason this version is taking so long for you actually make it decent, and please get rid of the poorly designed interface, it looks like a childs game, check out bpm studio or pcdj red, nice professional interfaces.

Posted Wed 04 Apr 01 @ 8:51 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yeah, another great coward! What is your problem? Why can´t you post your name or email adress? Is it your mummy standing behind you forbidding you to write it?

If you can read, look back on the site and compare the prices. I know, you are a super user and you will find a crack for any software! Great!
But there are some men (not kiddies like you) out there, working hard to make AtomixMP3 that software, we all want it to be. For this work, they earn a bit money. And, if your mummy can read it for you, you will see, all updates in AtomixMP3 are free.

So let me say: Go to bed and come back if you are a few years older! Then you can speak with us constructively.

mama

Posted Wed 04 Apr 01 @ 5:48 pm
i have to agree with the above mentioned point.

traktor is a sublime piece of software [great for desktop or laptop i would imagine] but it is way too overpriced. If a piece of software is worth the money, i will certainly spend my hard earned on it and not take the easy option of cracking it.

i am sure the programmers are working hard and have taken notes on all comments made.

for my price range atomixmp3 fits the bill nicely, and dispite the recent lack of updates, will continue to improve - nuff said!

Posted Wed 04 Apr 01 @ 8:58 pm
Actually, I bought AtomixMp3 from the 1.0 stage, as I mentioned in my post I have been in conference with them since this release about fixing the beat skipping problem when master tempo is on....which they have not fixed and its been er....months. The only reason I paid for it was because virtualDJ (the previous prog from these guys) was very good at beat matching...I was hoping atomixmp3 would be a lot more, it is not...the only even remote thing that keeps me using it IS the beat matcher, the rest is crap, poor laid out, programmed badly and has a very amature interface.

I would simply like them to get off thier asses and address the bugs/crap interface before going ahead with all these fancy features.....I simply urged them to look at rival products and combine the excellent beat matching technique with the likes of bpm studio, visiosonice pcdj red, native instruments tracktor....then they will have the BEST out of all of them, however...I do not see this happening, at least in 1.X

my email address..., giving that out, how does that help matters? please explain...im not hiding behind anything, im just giving my opinion which everyone is entitled to, as you can see this is not a flame, its a motovantional message ;O

Posted Wed 04 Apr 01 @ 9:00 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That sounds quite better!

If you know informatics, programming, coding, why don´t you help us instead of shooting against this great software? Would it be better to pay $199 and pay for all further upgrades too? Did you see the skins section, where you can download the skin you think it fits your interests best? Or why don´t you create your own skin that looks like tracktor?

If you will see on the team site, we´re always searching for teamers to help us, especially programmers!

I think thats quite better than writing that garbage. We´re not afraid of critism if it is constructive!

Posted Wed 04 Apr 01 @ 9:42 pm
I agree completely. There is no point slagging off the programme (which I might add has got considerably better since the days of virtual DJ whien I bought it) unless you have anything new to say. If you have mentioned this master tempo bug (Which I have never noticed) to the team then I am sure they will try to sort it out. I want the next version soon too, but bitching is not going to make them work any harder or faster, if anything it will simply slow things down as the team have to take time out to read and answer these posts.

Congrats on an excellent programme, look 4ward to the update.

DJ Dez

Posted Thu 05 Apr 01 @ 10:56 am
Hi all, ive been a user of the Atomix software ever since it first came out, so long ago i cant remember the name it used to be called

Anyways i see alot of you wondering about laptop, live use, etc and i would like to share the custom solution i have for you all

I have a computer system that fits inside a 12"x"12.5"x3" thick case. It features an Intel Pentium3 866mhz processor with 133mhz bus, Intel 815E chipset so you can support the ultra fast ata100 Harddrives, It has a standard size IDE 16x10x40 Yamaha CDRW drive that burns cd's in undr 5 minutes, 30gig Harddrive, 256megs of pc133 ram, 2 PCI slots for soundcards, Also has 4 USB ports, and 2 Firewire ports and onboard sound and video, not to mention svideo and tv output. This is all the power of a Desktop in a very portable system

You can slip this and a flatscreen monitor into a case about the size of your record bag and have all the power of a desktop in something not much larger than a laptop. Did i mention this cost about half as much as a laptop and gives you twice the power

Heres what i think the ideal price/performance setup is:

intel p3 866mhz processor
256megs pc133 RAM
30gig Ultra100 HD
12x CDRW drive
Floppy Drive

Your cost $900

of course since i build each one custom, you could select for say... a 700mhz celeron, 128megs ram, 20gig Hd, 56x cdrom drive and the case and it would only run you about $600 or less and on the other side of the coin, I could do a system with 80gig Harddrive, 512megs of RAM, 16x cd burner etc

Ive been building computer systems for audio applications for a few years now and im familar with all soundcards, software and anything else you might have questions about,
so i will work with you and build you a custom solution for your needs

This system is great cuz it gives you so many options in soundcards, It has a nice stereo card built into it already but since you have PCI, USB and Firewire slots, you can select anything you want. although i really like the Echo Darla24, stereo inputs and 8 outputs at 24bit, cost $300 and sounds great. Also has latency of 4ms in cubase vst 5.0

And just as a reference for you all, i had a Dell Inspiron800 800mhz p3 laptop last month. It cost me $2200 for the system, plus $350 for a 12x cdburner and another $600 for a VX pocket 4output soundcard. Thats over $3000 for a system that was scoring less that 50% of what mine does on benchmarks.

laptops are great if you want to do spread sheets on the plane, but as musicans i think what we all really want is a system that is easy to transport to a gig, offers great performance and also is a good value

Email me at LiquidSoundDistortion@hotmail.com with any questions and i will help get you setup with a system thats perfect for your needs and budget

Sorry if anyone is upset that i posted this here, but i think its related to this software and also something alot of users would like to know about

Posted Fri 06 Apr 01 @ 10:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)