Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4/4 good, breakbeat bad

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been playing with AtomixMP3 now for about a month with different types of music. House, trance, or anything with a 4/4 beat is great. However, I tried experimenting with some hip hop and d&b, and the results were really ugly. Sometimes the beat matcher would get really confused and would speed up an 80bpm song to 170! Anyone else have this problem, or know of any good tips?

Posted Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 5:37 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Sir,

Atomix mp3 is a mp3 player more for techno and dance music than Hip-hop music!

We are working on new detection engine in order to improve the beats detected on this musics!

Yan-X
.:: Team Atomix ::.

Posted Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 12:18 pm
Hey Yan, being a house DJ, I know what this program can do there. But, the dude's gotta point. D & B (Drum and Bass) IS Techno, or rather a derivation of, it is also dance. So infact, if what you say is true... then it should be working.

Posted Wed 31 Jan 01 @ 6:47 pm
Well if they say don't support it, then that's fine. The program works fine for 90% of the music that I play. It's just that sometimes I like to throw in an old school song occasionally, which messes up the whole thing. Oh well, maybe in future releases. :)

Posted Thu 01 Feb 01 @ 5:50 pm
How do REAL DJs mix with bits of plastic and no automatic beat matching - if you monitor with headphones, match the beats by ear - it ain't that hard to do once you have got the fundamentals right.

Go on - have a go mixing manually - you'll get one hell of a buzz when it comes off!

Posted Tue 20 Mar 01 @ 1:48 am
break beats isnt a steady beat

how can you expect it to work ?

all you gotta do is use the manual speed up / slow down bar and just watch the wave files match up manually it's not OVERLY difficult..

Posted Tue 03 Apr 01 @ 10:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)