Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Automix Function

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has anybody had a problem with the automix function whereby the fade into the next track is starting way before the song ends. I have been using it and had songs start to fade into the next track when there is over a minute left in the previous song?

Any suggestions

Posted Thu 21 Dec 00 @ 7:22 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Don't search! the automix Engine of the 1.12 version is a beta engine of a new system. We are working on it since some months in order to detect better the cut in the rythm, and so on... but we have a problem : The automix starts always at 40 sec left!

Yan-X

Posted Thu 21 Dec 00 @ 9:08 pm
Hi guys,

In fact the solution is a lot more simple.
if atomix has never played the song beeing played before, it will start to mix at 80% of the song.
And, if the song has already been played once, it will start the mix so that the mix will finished on the last beat of the song.

BUT, suppose you have a new song Atomix never heard before.
you drop it on a desk, play a few seconds, then decide to change and play another one instead.
Then, later in the night, you play this same song but in automix mode.
The problem is that atomix will think it knows the music (because it is already in its IA database), but the latest beat it will know is far from the end of the file.
That's why he will just screw up your mix by changing the song far too soon.

I'll try to correct that in the next version. But the solution for now is to listen to your song until the end at least once before using them in auto mode.

Thanks for this bug report,
Stef.

Posted Fri 22 Dec 00 @ 6:08 pm
I was a profecional DJ for 17 year. Atomix is a good program but nobody pro DJ will use this program to play music in a club with 2000 people dancing. So i think this program it can be useful for small clubs, bars even for everyone who wants non stop music in his place. I suggest to see and fix this simple things.
Fix the auto mix. Let us to config when is the start of mixing. A good solution is 0 to 15 sec before the and of each song.
Make an option for rundomly playlist. This is very useful for someone who just wants non stop music but not the songs on the same list every day.
Make auto start playlist. Just one clik and variant music program every day. ;-)

thanks.
dj spin

Posted Thu 22 Mar 01 @ 11:52 pm
seriously if you want your mix to sound good, how can you expect a computer to know when to kick a song?

you have to flick it over at the right time, you can't expect the computer just to do it nicely for you....c'mon, do u want it to select the songs for you aswell by finding similar waveforms so that the songs mix in well??

christ.

Posted Fri 30 Mar 01 @ 3:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)