Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Bluetooth Soundcard
I'm a bit behind in the technology these days. I'm running an old NuMark I/o soundcard. I'm wondering if there is a soundcard compatible with VDJ that you can use Bluetooth headphones with. In other words a soundcard that the headphones dont need to be hardwired. Only Bluetooth. Normal hookup from computer to mixer. Thanks in advance

Posted Wed 18 Sep 24 @ 10:10 pm
Just thought I would chime in on this that bluetooth has a delay and is not good if you beat mix because
of delay. Just My 2 Cents worth.

Posted Thu 19 Sep 24 @ 1:36 am
I appreciate the response. But that won't really be a problem

Posted Thu 19 Sep 24 @ 2:08 am
You're going to hear this a lot - avoid bluetooth. it's just not worth it. fine when you go out on a jog, not so much for dj'ing

Posted Thu 19 Sep 24 @ 3:02 am
Maybe the guy isn't a working DJ and just wants to use bluetooth headphones to listen to music through VDJ?

Posted Thu 19 Sep 24 @ 3:49 am
I actually AM a working DJ and have been so for decades. This is as much of a curiosity than anything. But if there were one, I'd try it. I approach mixing from a bit of a different angle. I don't need worry about lag. Thanks for the replies

Posted Thu 19 Sep 24 @ 5:34 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If your computer has Bluetooth you can use it, it doesn't really matter which controller you use (as long as it sends fader positions and pfl presses back to vdj)
Then you simply add a headphones output to the audio config and select your Bluetooth headphones.

Personally been using Sony headphones for a few years like this and it works fine. The noise cancelation makes it easier to do the mixing in the headphones where lag is indeed less of a concern.
Only limitation of the Sony is that they aren't suited for very loud places, as at that time the noise cancelation starts to crackle

Posted Thu 19 Sep 24 @ 5:44 am