Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: CloudDrive needs some updates please
Hi there,

I'm currently setting everything up for my work using two PCs. One where I sort things and one for performance. I synced everything via Google Drive and my local files are also backed up via OneDrive.

1) Syncing is not smart enough. When I create a set playlist, I need the tracks to stay in order how I entered them into my list. When syncing, that is shuffled up. A total mess if I had a gig in a few hours...
See screenshots:

2) Is there any way I can access that Google Drive folder? I cannot find a solution for that... (Tho I dont think I ever need to do so; only if VDJ would create duplicate files for my set lists...)

I will continue this thread as I discover new "unsettling" things... Otherwise, thanks a lot for integrating that feature, this way the reason I'm staying now instead of going to Traktor 4. Now I can beatgrid my library hopefully without ever having to do that again haha

Greetings,
Daveed Bachschmeed

Posted Sun 18 Aug 24 @ 9:54 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For the order, try to right-click the header and select 'reset sort order' on the cloud drive older.

Posted Sun 18 Aug 24 @ 10:05 am
That worked, thank you!
Do you know a trick to sync a list to my genre folder? When I add new songs there, I dont want to drag them manually into the respective list...

Posted Sun 18 Aug 24 @ 10:52 am
Regarding 2:
You can if you are using dropbox where it's harder to hide
- but that brings a TON of problems in the forums and BD groups, where people think they can inject themselves into the middle of the syncing, and complain about what happens when then try to alter the process
Lets compare it to Rekordbox's sync. That uses Amazon cloud services, but you can't see that. On that platforms noone tries to hack into the middle of process.
Even though the VDJ syncing is more open, it should be look at in the same way. It should be hidden

Posted Sun 18 Aug 24 @ 10:54 am
J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Is there any way to keep my playlists with automix edits when playlists are synced to cloud? I can't right click the playlist from the cloud folder in the browser and add to automix so im thinking not. But perhaps I could copy over the file where the edits are housed?..if so how?...Thank you in advance for your response.

Posted Sun 18 Aug 24 @ 7:40 pm
J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019

Posted Sun 18 Aug 24 @ 8:57 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It should work by just drag&drop the files in the cloud folder to automix

Posted Mon 19 Aug 24 @ 4:29 am