Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: a tidal analyze all playlist
i do this manually and would love it if I could just right-click and analyze all playlist for bpm

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 9:35 am
I don't think any online content provider will support that
The problem is that you need to download the track to analyze it, which for them it will look like abuse, since you are mass downloading without pausing. So it will break any download limit they may have set up (and they all have limits)

So yes, it could be implemented in VDJ, but VDJ would then have to pause for 1-2 min between each track

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 10:06 am
Actually I noticed recently that bulk scanning has improved (at least on Deezer).

I can now analyse a playlist & VDJ will scan several files at once & progress without the previous pausing.

There does seem to be a limit of 150 tracks though, after which you have to wait for it to reset.

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 10:18 am
Also worth remembering that from a live DJ perspective (which most people use VDJ for) these streaming plugins are meant to be used for the odd track that someone doesn't have in their main collection.

I don't think the companies want people basing their entire 5 hour gig on streaming tracks hence the reason they are downloaded and scanned on an individual (ish) basis.

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 10:25 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Also, most tracks should already have bpm and key information, so there shouldn't be a need to analyze all either

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 10:31 am
They don't restrict the length of time people can use the service. I can stream music on my smart speaker for way longer than a typical gig without issue.

What they restrict is the "track grabbing" that could potentially be used by dodgy software apps to rip thousands of tracks quickly.

That limit does affect quick scanning of playlists though, as to the service it looks the same.

Tidal have a DJ tier now, and even prior to that, advertised their integration with DJ software and hardware, so IMO they should permit faster scanning for DJs.

Adion, the "autofill" of metadata works OK sometimes, but often with the tracks I have in my playlists, the data is simply not available - so I have no alternative but to scan them myself.

My most recent playlist, most of the tracks I had to scan myself.

Even when the data does fill, it's not always correct.

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 10:34 am
I did a quick video on it:

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 12:42 pm
Another way is to use Automix .. and set the option: automixMixLength to 10 (sec)

to load a track every 10 seconds.
and of course, best to have the tracks removed from the automix list after play.

PS
and disable the stems engine, with option: stemsRealtimeSeparation Fully disabled

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 1:02 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Another way is to use Automix .. and set the option: automixMixLength to 10 (sec)

to load a track every 10 seconds.

Clever - I didn't think of that :)

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 1:04 pm