Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Fix stem phasing issues
mpuschPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello!

I am currently testing out the new Traktor 4 stem separation, and it has definitely left me desiring more out of Virtual DJ.

In Traktor, it is possible to fade out every stem smoothly. In VDJ, fading out stems results in intense phasing for the first 10-15% away from 0 dB. The phasing is extremely noticeable, making slow transitions impossible.

It would be amazing if this problem could be resolved - it is currently my main complaint with Virtual DJ. VDJ is still substantially better than Traktor, but they did really well with their stems.

PS - one downside of the Traktor implementation is that it takes substantially longer to scan files / generate stems. Worth the wait though IMO

Posted Thu 18 Jul 24 @ 4:38 pm
As the Traktor stems have to be saved to a file in advance, are you getting the phasing issue in VDJ with stems that have been saved to a file, or with "live" stems?

Posted Thu 18 Jul 24 @ 4:53 pm
mpuschPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I always pre-save the stems for the songs I will use.

I imagine it has the same effect for everyone - to test, you would just need to reduce the volume of all stems by 5% during a busy part of a song and listen for the distortion:

Posted Fri 19 Jul 24 @ 7:10 pm