Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Getting old. Getting forgetful
I'm starting to forget people's names, especially in the busy season. I'll probably take some criticism for this but consider giving up some real estate so I can put a bride and groom's name near the logo or clock maybe? It's a silly ask and there are work arounds, but I like everything in my workstation clean and tidy, and I use the software full screen.

In the early 90s I watched two ladys in stiletto heels put butcher paper on the floor in front of Steven Tyler's mic stand before Aerosmith came out. I caught a glimpse of it before it went down. All it said was PORTLAND in huge black letters (as in Portland Oregon). It was kind of funny then. I'm starting to get it now.

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 1:37 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

I do those kind of skin tweaks for a beer or two as a return for the favour.
Ignore most of what's going on in the skin except the arrow, and the tool tip. [this skin just have a button in the right place so I could make a quick demo]

that tool tip is a variable that is set by a custom button [all in app, nothing technical, can be set days in advanced]
hover mouse above button get the tooltip cheat sheet
If something like that could work send me a pm

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 2:31 am
In VirtualDJ, I have always created a Virtual Folder using the Bride & Grooms names for each wedding then created sub Virtual Folders such as First Dance, Playlist, Must Plays, Do Not Plays, etc. Then add the appropriate tunes to those folders, after the gig delete the Wedding Folder and the tunes are still on your hard drive/SSD unaffected.

That way you have the Bride & Grooms names directly in front of you in the Folder tree down the left of the screen.

Hope this helps.

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 6:46 am
@Les .. you got me thinking .... if wanted an even larger reminder, one could create a sideview Tab for the playlist/folder, once it is created.

(by clicking the sideview's "add shortcut" button, just left of the sideview menu dot, or by adding with the menu dot.)

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 7:14 am
@!!DEE JAY!!

I never looked to extend what I did above. It was sufficient as a reminder of the B&G names right there in front of you. Here in the UK we are normally only involved with the evening reception, unlike the US where they are more involved with introductions to the bridal party and participants, etc.

I also had a notepad for requests with the B&G names and first dance written down. You can't beat good old pen and paper 😉

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 1:54 pm
Small add to what has already been mentioned that I've used in the past:

• Requests = ask.the.dj
    Especially when weddings were done during COVID. I had a scannable QR code linking to the request page placed in a convenient location for persons to scan, and had pinned the Ask The DJ folder to the sideview and checked it periodically (you can probably have the updated Remote App displaying the same folder on a phone/tablet to always be aware/not have to click it to check). If the venue didn't have Internet I used my mobile as a hotspot with password (not always possible depending on phone provider I guess)
  • Creation of a quick filter button with logic to color mark tracks by all unwanted artists and/or specific tracks) from the listing
    I just kept this button on for the night. You can probably make the button remove the track from the shown list as well.

Posted Wed 10 Jul 24 @ 2:40 pm