Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Black screen in video after generating "Overlay lyrics"
Hi everyone my name is Javi. I think that I've read this in some topic before but I'm not sure about the problem/solution to this. Also I don't know if I'm missing something in the configuration but in theory the process to generate the video with lyrics is straight forward. I have the "Home plus 2024" license for an Inpulse 200 mk2 controller. So right click in the track that you want, then chose video editor, and overlay lyrics configuring text and timeline. Once I finish the process I save and the program generates the VDJEDIT file. Now the problem starts. Normally when you mix with a track without the lyrics configured, in the video screen you have a circle with light that shows the mix, effects and the tracks playing, but once I introduce the song that I've done with the lyrics the video becomes completely black (No lyrics, nothing), and that is not all. Cause there's no way to reopen the VDJEDIT file again so you lose the chance to modify or change something. Also I have to say that I've seen some videos from people creating the lyrics and some of them automatically detect the track and offer some options to have the lyrics already done in the "NetSearch" box, I don't know if this has something to do with the problem but in my case the "NetSearch" box never detects a song, so there are no options displayed there and I have to do the entire song lyrics myself. Hope that you can help me with this guys.

Thank you so much in advance!
Best regards

Javi

Posted Sat 15 Jun 24 @ 6:22 pm
Hi Javi, yes I know the problem. The thing is when you create the lyrics overlay you are generating a new file. So if you load the original one nothing happens. So, be sure to load the new one that you have already saved and place it in your playlist. Also, you need to click on the video tab and activate video by clicking in the small video master box in the center of the program, here you can also configure transition and video fx options as you like. If you want to process the stems be sure to make the lyrics first and once you have the new file ad them to the stems process list by right click and "Save prepared stems". Let me give u one more tip, If you want to ensure that you dont messed up between audio and karaoke files you can enable type tab on the top of the playlist section. With all of this, you must be ready to rock. Pleasure to help you buddy, wish you the best.

Posted 4 days ago @ 4:04 pm
Awesome!! Thank you so much!

Posted 4 days ago @ 4:06 pm