Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can I set Automix Type to always play the Cut cues, or the Remix cues? Smart changed from 'Cut' to 'Tempo' to my surprise. Save remix points as remix?
1. I realize Smart mode means it makes "decisions" without asking me, but I set my automix type to Smart and it showed "Smart (Cut)", so I assumed all tracks would be played using the Cut points. I added Cut points to the next song but when it got to that song it played the Tempo points instead. Can I make it stick to the Cut points?

2. I also tried adding points as "Remix" points. Is there a way to get Automix Type to use the Remix points? If not, why does VDJ let us add these Remix points?

3. If I add Remix points in the POI editor, can I then save that edit as a Remix (so it shows up on the automix as another track, with remix in the name or [subtitle]? If not, why does VDJ let us add these Remix points? I just watched 3 videos about saving remixes and none addressed how to save POI "remix" points as a remix.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 5:42 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
1 smart is a track by track basis, a track might not have mix points for every mix type.
2 No
3 No

Posted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 5:55 pm

Posted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 6:03 pm
@dj dance planet it seems that all of your questions in the Technical Support Forum are general questions asking how VirtualDJ works/how to use VirtualDJ. The community loves to help (and would recommend reading through the manual for clarification first), but this particular sub forum is really meant for fairly critical problems encountered when using VirtualDJ in the seemingly normal way (as documented), not necessarily to answer general usage/learning questions. It's probably better if you redirect these questions (if necessary) to the General Discussion subforum.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 6:14 pm
@dj vinyltouch - thanks. I assumed General Discussion was general discussion about dj'ing or general discussion about Virtual DJ, and Technical Support was for the kinds of questions I had - specific (as opposed to general) questions about how to make something work.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 6:45 pm
I found Smart prefers Tempo, then Cut, then Fade, then Full. (If Tempo points exist, it will use those.)
So maybe that means I should always use Tempo start and exit points, even if I want a sudden cut.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 6:48 pm