Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Faster playback speed in POI Editor or Track Cleaner ?
Using Vegas (video editor) I can change the playback speed so I can quickly skim through a recording. Not possible in VDJ?

Posted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 4:20 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can double-click any point in the track to skip to it

Posted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 4:38 pm
Thanks. That's good - but if I want to skim hands-free (while I multi-task - returning to VDJ when I hear a point of interest), it would be better if we could change the playback speed. ... Being able to play slow-mo could also make it easier to set precision points. Yes?

I expect many people these days have some experience with video editors - and YouTube now lets people change the playback speed - so although different video editors work in different ways, it seems VDJ would feel better for people if it was possible to change the playback speed.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 4:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you open the POI editor from a track loaded on the deck, the play pointer in the POI editor is actually linked to the play position on the deck. So in that case you can use jog wheel, pitch slider, or custom buttons to seek through the song as you like.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 5:05 pm
cool. thanks.

(i don't know if i have any of those things since i'm just using my laptop, but i'll look into them.)

Posted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 5:25 pm