Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Two crashes recently - how to find the cause and was a report created by crash guard?
Hi, I've had a couple of crashes recently, one last night at a wedding DJ gig.

I belive that a crashguard report is uploaded to Virtual DJ when a crash happens, is that correct?

I'd like to know if I have a hardware problem, so I can look at replacing anything that might be faulty, or updating drivers, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Mon 10 Jun 24 @ 1:31 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
A crash report was uploaded, but not much useful in there, apart that it seems to be happening when loading a new song.

Posted Mon 10 Jun 24 @ 1:33 pm
Hi, thanks for the super quick response. It's a shame there wasn't much to go on, but I appreciate you looking.

Posted Mon 10 Jun 24 @ 1:54 pm
in terms of loading files, I know I was playing files that I've played hundreds of times before at the point when the crash happened, so I think it's unlikely the files themselves.

The problem I have is there are so many variables, I have the files on a USB hard drive, connected to a USB hub, I have a thunderbolt audio interface connected, a thunderbolt adapter because the interface is thunderbolt 2 and my new Macbook Pro has thunderbolt 3 connections. I also have an Pioneer FLX6 connected to the USB hub (control only as the sound goes through the thunderbolt interface).

And then there is the laptop itself, it's virtually brand new and I've only used it a handful of times, so you'd hope it's not the hardware... Perhaps I'll run hardware diagnostics.

I appreciate there isn't really a question in there, I'm just thinking out loud, I can't really continue having crashes regularly at events.

Posted Tue 11 Jun 24 @ 12:29 pm
What build are you using?

Posted Tue 11 Jun 24 @ 1:25 pm