Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Setup with V D J

Posted Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 8:51 pm
IMO you've bought completely the wrong equipment. None of that is designed for DJing.

The amp is for musicians. It only has mono mic and instrument inputs.

The little mixer probably only has one stereo USB connection, so no use for cueing.

Posted Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 9:46 pm
Ok, How about a Budget Setup for DJ'ing. April 5th I have a wedding to do. Freaking out lol

Posted Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 9:57 pm
Something like a Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX perhaps, plugging the output into the tape input sockets on the back of the amp. The sound will only be mono but it's not too important for getting people dancing.

What speakers have you got?

Posted Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 10:26 pm
2 Seismic Audio 15 inch 8 ohm Speakers. 2 Rockville 15 inch 8 ohm Speakers.

Posted Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 10:59 pm
That doesn't mean very much because those companies makes many different speakers.

If you're planning to connect all four speakers to the same amp, it seems you'll be out of luck (unless you do some rewiring).

According to one review, the amp is only designed to work into a single 8 ohm load, so connecting a pair will offer a 4 ohm load and cause the amp to overload (and cut out).

Posted Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 8:28 am
Ah Thanks. I got it to work. I worked in the past for a Local Radio Station. Not into Prettiness or Jog dials to scratch. (Small Community) but however in the Future I will keep this in mind what You wrote. I had my RCA cables in the wrong port and I kept repeating my mistakes. (Puts down bottle or booze) But this will get me through for now. I'm gonna upgrade to lights and all... Just no need at time as I don't get many gigs. (Demand) People in my Area want something for nothing and I don't give in. Anyhow, Thanks again for helping me out. Up and running but getting better Equipment.

Posted Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 4:52 pm