Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Analysis
Is it possible to have an option to have the BPM analysis only in 4/4 count? I remember you could set a bpm range in VDJ, might have been v5 or v6 days. But Im tired of the double bpm's, frustrating af....

Posted Sun 17 Mar 24 @ 11:23 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What are your limits?
I just use a key
set_bpm 50%
hardly a hassle.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 2:25 am
The BPM range and double/half tempo analysis is nothing to do with time signature.

In fact, DJ software generally assumes that ALL music is 4/4, has a single BPM and a single key.

Things are starting to change though, as Algoriddim DJay Pro now has Fluid Beatgrid which accurately tracks variable BPM and displays a live BPM reading.

The half/double tempo thing though always seems to be an issue with any software BPM analysis.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 10:12 am
Time signature does not really matter for BPM (beats per minute)
Time signature matters for phrasing. And DJ's don't count PPM (phrases per minute)

Yes, being able to adjust time signature could help for better mixing with tracks that are not recorded in 4/4 time signature.
The first beat marker would space differently and not each 4 beats as it does now.
So, for music recorded at 3/4 it would put a primary marker every 3 beats.
But that's all it is, for the needs of a DJ.

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 12:40 pm
The time signature serves as a notation indicating how beats are subdivided in a musical composition. Remember, beats are the units used to measure time, typically expressed as beats per minute (BPM), determining the tempo. So with different time signatures of HipHop and R&B produce times that will show double its accurate time if the notation( which is understood is quantize) is doubled. This is why asked for it to be a check box option. 99% of the music I play is 4 beat per measure.

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 11:47 pm
I understand what you guys are talking about but Im tired of 200bpm and changing bpms when Im tapping in for the echo I want during a transition. So is there a way to lock the analysis so I can still tap in the time signature for the echoes and other effects without changing the actual bpm and beatgrid?

Posted Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 4:39 pm